PDA

View Full Version : Mince?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

pinkbug
Sun, Apr-10-05, 01:43
I am trying to find Mince listed in the foods list - I think mince to Americans is actually hamburger?? Anyway I want to enter prime beef mince. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I would enter it as a customised food but I buy it with no nutritional info on the packet - I am fairly sure that there are no fillers, additives etc

Rosebud
Sun, Apr-10-05, 01:54
I am trying to find Mince listed in the foods list - I think mince to Americans is actually hamburger?? Anyway I want to enter prime beef mince. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I would enter it as a customised food but I buy it with no nutritional info on the packet - I am fairly sure that there are no fillers, additives etc

Hi Pinkbug,

Yes, those Americans have funny names for things. :D Beef mince is called ground beef in North America.

MyPLAN gives you a selection according to how much fat is in the mince. I always buy the fattiest and call it 30% fat, although I'm not totally sure exactly how much fat it has. :rolleyes: One can only do one's best.

Cheers,

Roz

dianna9234
Sun, Apr-10-05, 12:44
I have never heard hamburger referred to as Mince.. I love learning new things!

dianna9234

pinkbug
Mon, Apr-11-05, 00:43
lol,, a hamburger to us is a bun with a meat patty in it... ie. Big Mac etc