PDA

View Full Version : Hello From England

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

dagodame
Sat, Apr-09-05, 13:59
Well here I am right outside of London, England and waving hello to all the members of this forum!

I lost over twenty five pounds last year on Somersizing and did well on the diet. However a move from NYC to London did add to my stress level and of course I ate loads of junk food for comfort. Im doing a bit of an experiement with Somersizing and the Hay Diet and so far I've lost 16 pounds which feels lovely.

Well wish me luck!!

:)

jadefox26
Sat, Apr-09-05, 14:09
Hello!!!! What part of the UK are you from? I live in the south east :)
Hope you have lots of luck in your way of life!
Make sure you stop by and say howdi sometime :)
Emma xx

Trunky
Sat, Apr-09-05, 14:11
i wish you luck. Don't know the diets but I will look them up. I'm new to Atkins - such an old diet - Somebody told me yesterday that Atkins was old fashioned now.
Where near London are you.
I was born in Slough.
Good luck on the Hay diet and welcome to the forum :wave:

dagodame
Sun, Apr-10-05, 06:46
I live in the southeast as well, Brentwood!!! It sure is quiet here compared to my former life in NYC. I'm searching high and low for a can of Somersweet but I dont think the product is available in the UK.

If you are ever on the A1023, send a signal an stop by for lunch!!!

Trunky I purchased my oven in Slough ~ G Evans & Sons!!!! Nice High street up that way!

Thanks to all for the good wishes

Sweetcake
Sun, Apr-10-05, 09:27
Welcome to the forum... and congrats on all the weight you have lost already..

DebN2005
Sun, Apr-10-05, 11:08
Well here I am right outside of London, England and waving hello to all the members of this forum!

Well wish me luck!!

:)

Welcome! and *definitly* good luck.

dagodame
Mon, Apr-11-05, 04:58
Welcome to the forum... and congrats on all the weight you have lost already..
Hi Carol

Thanks for the good wishes and the welcome. I see you have shed a great deal of weight and Im encouraged by your success!

Any tips you care to share??

Regards

DD

MrsBlobby
Mon, Apr-11-05, 05:06
Welcome to the boards and well done on your success so far :clap: I've never heard of those diets but i'm gonna look them up too.

I'm still a newbie on here too, but it is very informative.

I started the atkins last wednesday and have lost 5lb so far.

You don't live to far from me, I live near Romford, and shall i ever pass by i will send a signal and stop for lunch :daze:

dagodame
Mon, Apr-11-05, 05:12
Welcome! and *definitly* good luck.
Thanks Deb...now how about sending some of that Cali sunshine over to Gray day most every day England!!!!

dagodame
Mon, Apr-11-05, 05:16
Hey Mrs. B

I was just over to the Romford BQ on Sunday!!! Whenever you want to meet for lunch, let me know.

Good luck on your atkins program

Rgds

DD

dagodame
Mon, Apr-11-05, 05:22
Hi Trunky

The atkins diet has been around a bit, but I dont think it's that old. I remember 15 years ago everyone at my job was on a diet called The Drinking Man's Diet aka Martinis and Whipped Cream. It was a pre version of low carb. Every food know to mankind was assigned a carb count. WHen you reached a certain number of carbs a day you stopped. The diet worked for a quick fix, but not for a lifetime. I've chosen Somersize cause I like to have rice and breads and, with some additions from the Hay Diet, I can stay on my new eating plan for life. NO more quick fixes for me!!!

Good luck to you and I know you will succeed!!

Rgds

DD

snookie
Mon, Apr-11-05, 05:35
Welcome from me also! You are gonna do well! I am going to look up those diets too as I really don't know much about them ,only heard of them. I guess we each have to find the one that is right for us and that we can stick to and succeed on and maintain OK on. Have a good day! :wave:

MrsBlobby
Mon, Apr-11-05, 05:52
Hey Mrs. B

I was just over to the Romford BQ on Sunday!!! Whenever you want to meet for lunch, let me know.

Good luck on your atkins program

Rgds

DD

Ooo I definately will and you are welcome to do the same :agree: