PDA

View Full Version : Protein Shakes For Induction

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

bankbaybe
Fri, Apr-08-05, 14:50
I was wondering if Designer Whey Protein shakes were safe for induction. I was wanting to buy the chocolate flavored one to drink before my workout. Plus, do I need 1 scoop, or 2, and with or without flaxseed oil??? Thanks!!

Jennifer

mlk18
Fri, Apr-08-05, 18:46
I drink protein shakes every single day, normally two a day and I am still on induction. Every brand is different so you have to read the labels and see what's best for you. You want your whey protein to be LOW carb (no kidding huh), have around 20-30 grams of protein and taste good. Your body can only consume 30 grams of protein at a time, so more than that is a waste. Personally I buy pre-mixed shakes by Atkins, Carb Options or EAS. I find they taste better and are much more convenient, although plan on spending $15-30 more per month than powdered mixes.