PDA

View Full Version : Totally New At This........

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Court
Fri, Apr-08-05, 09:06
Hi everyone. I hope I'm doing this right.... I am a 28 female, married with 3 children, 2 on earth and 1 in heaven. 5 years ago I had my gallbladder out and was never really told why I had gotten the stones but I'm assuming by doing my own research it was because I had dropped like 25 lbs in a month. Was working fulltime and at that time had one child so was always on the go with no food in my belly. I am now 165 lbs and 5 foot. I look like a cow. I feel like a cow!! I'm just wondering if anyone is having any problems loosing weight after having their gallbladder out?? I am putting my foot down and today is the day that I'm going to start and watch EVERYTHING I put in my mouth and am doing the LOW LOW carbs..... Well I hope to get to know some people in here and thank you all for listening to my story!!!!

Court :wave:

lucky13
Fri, Apr-08-05, 09:16
Welcome! You can find great support on this board. You may want to start a journal. They are a great tool, and a way for you to get some online friends. Good luck in your low carb journey and don't be afraid to ask questions!

Citruskiss
Fri, Apr-08-05, 09:18
Hi there,

Welcome to the forums :)

While I don't know anything about gallbladder issues, I wanted to say "hi" and let you know that this is the start of a wonderful journey - and that you really will be able to lose the weight and enjoy yourself in the process.

I'm not sure if you're planning on doing Atkins or some other plan, but what I can tell you is that the first couple of weeks on a low carb diet is tough, and that's because your body will be craving carbohydrates like crazy in the first several days. If you can get past that, and stick to the plan, I think you'll be extremely happy to discover how much better you will feel, not to mention..thrilled to see the weight flying off.

Despite what you might think, this way of eating (commonly referred to as WOE around these parts) is truly do-able, and after the first couple of weeks (provided you stay on plan), you won't feel deprived at all. There's just so much good food, and many other benefits such as increased energy, better quality sleep and so on.

Good luck with the journey - you're on your way :thup:

Court
Fri, Apr-08-05, 09:21
Thank you both so much.. Where do I go to start a journal??? And I love the way you both have the weight line as your siggy.. Really cute :)

Thanks again,
Court

nikotyme
Fri, Apr-08-05, 09:33
Hi Court

Welcome aboard, great to have you with us.

When you say you will be doing low, low carb, it makes me wonder just how low you plan to go?

Also, have you read any Low Carb books at all, to get an idea of what foods you should be concerned about and which are higher in carbs?

I think you'd find it advantageous to begin your new way of eating well informed, you might want to check the local library to see what low carb books they have and sign one out and read it, or you can garner alot of valuable information form this forum too, there are many low carb plans listed here with explanations of how they work.

Best way to start a journal is to check the Journal thread and start a new thread, that will then be your very own journal.

Best of luck to you whichever plan you do choose to follow.

Court
Fri, Apr-08-05, 11:35
The more I have been reading which has been online. No I haven't actually gotten a book and read it but have done TONS of looking/reading online and am going to attempt the Atkins diet. Thanks for your thoughts! :) And you are doing amazing on your diet. Congrats!!

Court