PDA

View Full Version : New kid on the block!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Peggyanne
Thu, Apr-07-05, 12:33
Hello! This is my first post here. I back to low-carb (again) to try to lose some weight. I am struggling with all of the usual weight issues - post menopausal, quit smoking, work too much and can't exercise enough, etc. I really am looking for some encouragement that maybe this time will be different. I'm excited to find this board - I used a similar message forum to help me quit smoking and it was wonderful. Thanks and I'm glad to meet you all!

Gstout
Thu, Apr-07-05, 12:36
Welcome back P!! It looks like you've got a great jump on the WL already. :) How long ago did you quit smoking? I wish you the best of luck!

Peggyanne
Thu, Apr-07-05, 12:51
I quit over three years ago - and have gained 30 lbs! I really want to get into a routine where I have the right food in the house, etc. so I don't have a lot of choice in what I eat! I'll probably just lurk around here a little bit and see what is working for others. I thought if I cuold quit smoking, dieting would be easy, but I think the difference is that you have to eat......... :lol:

bl8r
Thu, Apr-07-05, 13:11
Hi and welcome! A good way to jump right in and get to know people is to join a challenge. Right now there's an April Cheat-Free challenge going on, just say hi and you wanna join and list your goals for the month. It really helps with motivation and encouragement. Click here! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=241937)

Terranova
Thu, Apr-07-05, 13:14
Welcome! This a great forum. Nice to have you here with us!

Many gratz on being smoke free, too! I recently quit on Jan 3 '05.

Best wishes!

Peggyanne
Fri, Apr-08-05, 06:40
Congratulations, Terranova, on the nosmo since January. You are definitely over the hump! I will go check out the cheat-free info - now that could be a real challenge!

One quick question - I have heard many different opinions on whether or not a glass of wine here and there is a problem, and I have also seen many different carb counts per glass. I drink white, usually Chardonnay, and like to have one glass most evenings before dinner. What do you think? I have also heard that caffeine is a problem for some. Hmmmm - no coffee and no wine could make me really cranky! :lol:

Akasha
Fri, Apr-08-05, 08:26
Hi Peggy! This forum is excellent for advice and support. Welcome!