PDA

View Full Version : I am doing it!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

haileydawg
Thu, Apr-07-05, 11:31
Well...I finally did it. I quit! Today is my 3rd day cigarette free. I am wearing patches for a bit but am hoping to wean off them soon. I love the fact that these things don't control my life or my wallet anymore. I got on the treadmill the other day and instead of being out of breath and starting to cough, I was just slightly out of breath but no coughing. :D

LiveWell
Thu, Apr-07-05, 12:24
Congrats! I have been trying to quit since New years basicly. I dont smoke as much as I used to, I dont usually even buy but one or two packs a week. But I just havent seemed to be able to kick it this time. I guess Im just not fully ready yet and giving in easily, even when I am physicly over the addiction (went 9 days..then bought a pack).

DCastle
Thu, Apr-07-05, 13:26
Hailydawg, Amen, Yeah, Yeah, You go girl....... When I quit 4 1/2 wks ago the first 3 were the hardest. Climbing the wall. The only thing is I went Cold Turkey this time. I had tried all the other things in the past but for me it seemed to keep triggering me to smoke. Good Luck.. Keep it up. Trust me everyday does get better. And as of today I don't nor do I have the desire to ever pick up another again. Awesome, Awesome, Awesome.......Keep up the great work..... Dawn