PDA

View Full Version : CRUSTLESS PIZZA

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

joanne42
Mon, Oct-29-01, 07:31
I've made what you call a crustless pizza.. You used ground beef or sausage as your base mixed with mozzarella cheese.. Pat into a pizza pan and bake first.. Then top with your favorite toppings and bake.. You can eat this hot or cold.. DELISCIOUS...

Sharon
Mon, Oct-29-01, 12:30
I have a similar recipe too Joanne; it is good! On the weekend I made low carb bread and used part of the loaf for pizza crust and the rest for a few rolls. It was a treat since I hadn't had any form of pizza for so long. With the weather getting cold again we start thinking about oven meals again.

I also have one that's something like our Famous Mock Danish.

4 oz. cream cheese
4 eggs
1/3 heavy cream
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon chives
1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
2 cups shredded cheese (I sometimes cheat and use the prepackage mix of pizza cheese)
1/2 tsp. wet garlic or 1/2 tsp. powder
1/2 cup low carb pizza sauce
1 cup mozzarella cheese.

Toppings i.e. pepperoni, olives, mushrooms, have, bacon, peppers, onions, etc.

Beat together cream cheese and eggs until smooth
add cream, parmesan cheese and spice.

Spray 9" backing dish (I use a deep pie plate) with oil. Pour 2 cups of pizza cheese in dish and pour egg misture over it. Bake at 375 for 30 minutes.

Spread on pizza sauce, sprinkle on mozza cheese and add your favourite toppings. Bake until hot, approximately 10 minutes. Let it stand for a few minutes before cutting. I like my cheese on top, so I add my toppings after the pizza sauce and put the mozza cheese on last.

DWRolfe
Mon, Jan-21-02, 12:45
I love this pizza dish. I make it quite often and it freezes well, too. Great to pop into your lunchbox for a quick reheat at work!

klynne
Mon, Jan-21-02, 17:54
Hi Everyone!
Thanks for the recipes! I have been getting tired of eating the same things everyday so I was so excited to see some variety! :p I am going to try these out ASAP! (I am on Atkin's Induction, week 2, so my biggest, most exciting thing to eat has been the "Mock Danish"!)

Karen
Mon, Jan-21-02, 20:00
I have one too, in my recipe section called "Meatza". I've always loved cold pizza, and this is great, even for breakfast!

Karen

teddi-4
Mon, Jul-22-02, 14:53
Could this wonderful pizza be made by layering pepperoni on a toaster oven pan and top it off with mozzarella cheese and oregano? What do you think the carbs would be for that?

Karen
Mon, Jul-22-02, 17:21
Well, why not? :) It may be a bit difficult to pick up though.

You would need to know how much of what you were using to figure out the carb count.

Karen

pegva
Fri, Jan-31-03, 14:43
I make mine with the pepperonis and call it "Pizza in a Cup".

I'm gonna try the one with the ground meat base!

joanne42
Mon, Feb-03-03, 06:40
I think the pizza in a cup idea would be fabulous.. Buy the large sliced deli pepperoni and place in in medium size muffin cups and fill with sausage, bacon, cheese, and any other toppings you may like... this is only if you don't have a problem with retaining water.. :D

jkiter
Thu, Feb-20-03, 12:24
Can anyone give me more details on how to make this pizza? How long to cook it for and how much beef, etc? I am a single guy and am not good at guessing how much or how long to cook things.

Thanks for your help. This recipe sounds good.

Jkiter

Laczkoskie
Tue, Feb-25-03, 14:44
Hello PIZZA lovers. :D Known for my Friday nite homemade pizza you can imagine how I suffer not being able to eat it.! It dosn't matter that I'm dieting they (the family + whatever friends happen to be here or were invited) still want their PIZZA. So here's how I get by:

CHIC-A-PIZZ-A

1 semi-defrosted chicken breast Sliced thin (sometiomes I can get
three thin slices)
Pizza sauce (I make my own) any kind lo-carb sauce
Assorted toppings (the sky's the limit) mushrooms, sausage,
pepperoni, olives, etc.
Mozzarella cheese (or your favorite)

Sautee the chicken cutlets (slices) in olive oil on medium heat for "soft" crust until no longer pink OR on higher heat for a "hard" or crunchy crust until no longer pink. (only takes 2 or 3 min) Remove from pan and place on cookie sheet.

Top with sauce, toppings (muchrooms sausage, pepperoni veggies, etc.

Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese, oregano, basil a little drizzle of olive oil, salt & pepper.

Place in hot oven (425 degrees F) or under broiler until the cheese melts. Be careful not to burn the cheese. Keep a watch on it. Let me know how you like it! mary l.

erina
Wed, Mar-19-03, 09:54
I have been making an egg pizza. I make the crust out of a flat omlette, slide it out of the frying pan onto my baking stone and then cover it with pizza toppings - last night was sauce, cheese, pepperoni, sun-dried tomatoes, olives and mushrooms and more cheese. Then I bake it in 425 degree oven for about 8 min until it's bubbly. You can hardly tell it is an egg crust. It's my new favorite.

alacard
Thu, Feb-21-08, 11:55
how do you make crustless pizza? do you brown the meat first (fry it) or do you combine raw meat then cheese then mesh it to a pizza pan and bake? If anyone could email me the recipe in full it would be great Dubya_c2007~yahoo.com

Laczkoskie
Mon, Mar-03-08, 11:51
Sorry to take so long to answer this but I've been away from this sight for almost 5 years. My husband came down with cancer and we've been battling it naturally, no chemo. It has been a struggle and now that he is eating no meat, and jucing I take my meals on the side, I don't eat at the same time. Just a small salad. I don't want him wishing for what I am eating. Right now we had another flare up so it is back to he strict regieme. So, thanks for replying to my "old post" and getting my interest going again!! Here's my recipie for

crustless pizza.... :yum:

- 4-8 oz hamburger meat flattened out into a hamburger or loosly sauteed - I like it either way, I flatted the hamburger really thin when I do it that way and the toppings seem to stay on there better.
- low carb tomatoe sauce (I make my own)
- mozzarella cheese grated
- toppings - pepperoni, mushrooms, sausage, onions/peppers etc.
Brown the hamburger or ground beef, spoon tomatoe sauce all over the top right up to the edges. Then you can put the toppings on and the mozzarella and put in oven at 425o till the cheese melts and holds everything together.
that's it, really simple. :agree: Yummy too.

xv1942
Fri, Mar-07-08, 21:21
Here's my wife Joy's version. You can't eat much. It is so rich.

Joy's Low Carb Pizza.

Crust:
Press 1/2 to 3/4 lb (any) hamburger into a large rectangular baking dish or pan.
Sprinkle garlic powder lightly and salt and sage on the meat.
Top meat with a little chopped gr. pepper, thin sliced onion(1/4), sliced black olives, sliced mushrooms(fresh) to cover the meat.
Drizzle olive oil over all.
Place 1/4" slabs of Mozzarella cheese to cover the meat.
Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese, chopped Basil and Oregano.
Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes.

Pour off water from cooking hamburger and save for pets.

Cut between cheese slabs for servings.

Enjoy!!http://forum.lowcarber.org/:yum:

PS A glass of red wine goes will. Joy prefers tea.