PDA

View Full Version : Afraid of scales!!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Teally
Tue, Apr-05-05, 16:37
Hi eveyone, I am a newbie to low-carb, but I am afraid to buy a scale and haven't weighed myself in years. When I have a doctor's appt. I close my eyes and tell them not to tell me my weight!!! I am probably 10-15 pounds overweight, I am just freaked to know the number!
Has anyone had this hang-up besides me?
It might be time to get real......Teally

Sebani
Tue, Apr-05-05, 17:48
Hi Teally,

Don't worry. If you make a commitement, than those numbers will start changing. Maybe you should just go to the doctors and have them tell you your weight, then go on the Atkins diet and go back in a few weeks or so. You'll see a difference :)

BiToxicity
Tue, Apr-05-05, 17:52
I'm not afraid of them anymore. I simply hate them entirely today! I've been yo-yo dieting for 2 years now and right now I'm back to low-fat/low cal/ moderate protein . Nothing else works for me. Atkins works for 2 weeks and then backfires. Can't take it anymore. Wish I was born skinny!

Teally
Tue, Apr-05-05, 18:37
I think also I need to get the Atkins book along with a scale, I pretty much just read Sommersizing last year and after trying that for a while , I just decided to keep carbs down to between 20-40 a day. So I am not really armed with much info. There seems to be quite a few Atkins books, any particular one to reccomend?
All the best, Teally

Sebani
Tue, Apr-05-05, 19:32
Teally,

I've never read an Atkins book as I am only 15, but my dad has told me all I need to know.

He said if you're on the "weight losing phase' you should have barely any carbs at all. Which means 0-20 carbs a day.!

cygirl
Tue, Apr-05-05, 19:38
[QUOTE=Teally]Hi eveyone, I am a newbie to low-carb, but I am afraid to buy a scale and haven't weighed myself in years.
/QUOTE]

Oh i have the opposite adiction.....i weight more than a couple times a day.!! :lol:

Sebani
Tue, Apr-05-05, 19:40
Hehe same, I'm like addicted to steppign on it. My parents say i should stop though :P

Juli_G
Tue, Apr-05-05, 19:43
Teally,

I've never read an Atkins book as I am only 15, but my dad has told me all I need to know.

He said if you're on the "weight losing phase' you should have barely any carbs at all. Which means 0-20 carbs a day.!

Atkin's advises around 20 carbs per day. I don't think 0g carbs per day is too healthy!! Teally, I think the best thing to do is read the book and decide if this the plan for you. You might decide to do something different entirely. Just read up on it so you can be prepared!! HTH! :wave:

PamBee
Tue, Apr-05-05, 19:45
I used to hate scales, matter of fact that is what started me on this WOL. I had a doc appt and had to get on the scale and almost died at what i weighed! So now here I am 53 lbs lighter and loving the scale :) I am obsessed with it, getting on it daily.

cygirl
Tue, Apr-05-05, 19:58
Good for you Pam Bee,53 pounds is just awsome. :yay:

Plus if you dont get on the scale,How do you know what you have lost? :q:

:wave:

Sebani
Tue, Apr-05-05, 20:03
Cygirl, how tall are you? I know 12 inches is 1 foot, but I can't do the math XD From my calculations, you seem to be 4'7?

Teally
Wed, Apr-06-05, 13:02
Thanks for all your advice everyone! I bought a scale toaday, and I'm going to weigh in tomorrow morning (when we're at our lightest) and start a journal on this website!
I am really happy to have this as a resource, and will try to contribute! It does bolster your confidence!

erinleigh
Wed, Apr-06-05, 13:09
This really reminds me of my mom! She didn't buy a scale till she had to buy a new pair of pants! Thats discipline! She didn't want to be disappointed if she looked at the scale and didn't see any movement! So far she has lost close to 80 some pounds on lc! So, its all up to you! I like the scale cause then I get an idea of what I am and how much more I have to lose! Its a confident booster! :)

Teally
Wed, Apr-06-05, 14:01
Thanks Erinleigh,
I already feel less hung up about it, and I feel like finally I'm taking charge of the situation!
My sisters miggle name is "Leigh"!
Thanks againhttp://forum.lowcarber.org/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=5168890#
Wave