PDA

View Full Version : How could I possibly fail? Easy. I can't.

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

mlk18
Tue, Apr-05-05, 13:00
I went on Atkins 2 years ago, lost 60 lbs in 4 months (I was on induction the entire time) and really started to feel good about myself. Then I blew it. Over the next 18 months I returned to my overeating, poor food choices and lack of exercise. I am now 75 lbs heavier than before I started last time. But the good news is, I am back on track and more committed than ever.

I started back up on March 21st, 2005. I started reading, researching and shopping all over again. I was absolutely amazed at how much more support there is for the low carb lifystle nowadays. There at least 20x the low carb food products, supplements and meal replacements than before. Not to mention even some of the professionals at the gym support it now. Amazing. Not to mention the apparent support this forum offers. All that plus my refusal to accept anything less than reaching my goals equals success.

mlk18

tommiec68
Tue, Apr-05-05, 13:07
Welcome back to low carb mlk18. The support here is amazing. Watch those labels carefully on the so called carb friendly or low carb, they are not all created in our best interests. I am learning so much as I continue on my journey. I still have alot to learn but I know I can always turn to this site for help and support.
Tammie

Juli_G
Tue, Apr-05-05, 16:04
Hi and welcome to the forum! Congratulations on your previous success! You can and will do it again!! This time for keeps! Have a great day! :wave:

acohn
Tue, Apr-05-05, 16:10
Induction for 6 mos?! That would drive anybody back to carbage. Take it easier this time — 2 weeks of induction, then add the carbs, 5 g/wk. Or, try the Eades method: 40 g carbs/day, 10 g/carb per meal/snack while you're losing.

Your immune system will thank you, your endocrine system will thank you, your excretory system will thank you.

Better yet, get some benchmark lab stats — BP, resting pulse, TG, HDL, TG/HDL ratio, fasting blood glucose — and get quarterly comparisons. Those are much better health indicators. Take body measurements; you'll have even more health indicators. That way, you won't be a slave to the scale.

P.S. -- I lost 60 lbs. in 4 months the first time around, too, then gained it back, so I feel your pain.