PDA

View Full Version : Induction - one more try

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

kentear
Mon, Apr-04-05, 22:05
I did so well on Atkins a couple of years ago but "fell off the wagon" so to speak. I'm back to give it another try. I gained back all the weight I lost before plus 5 pounds. I'm bummed but I have only myself to blame. I need MOTIVATION!

Christal
Tue, Apr-05-05, 09:52
Just curious Kentear -- What caused you to fall off the wagon before?? You say you have only yourself to blame, but sometimes things happen in life that sway the odds out of your favor when it comes to sticking to a weight loss plan. I know, it has happened to me. It can be so discouraging to realize you have to tread the same ground over again, but it is so worth it!! Your health, well-being, and quality of life mean everything -- far more than any food item you may enjoy for a few minutes, right?? Hang in there! Keep writing and reading -- you'll have more motivation than you can handle -- especially if you don't isolate yourself!!:)

FabByFifty
Tue, Apr-05-05, 10:03
Welcome! You can do as well as you did the first time, and reach your goal this time, if you stick to the plan! :) Read some of the threads, and you will find some great advise, and really good information.
You will find tons of help here also. So, if you get discouraged post and there are some really good people here ready and willing to help modivate and encourage you!

Good luck on your second time around with Induction, and please remember that the second time is different from the first time. You will lose but you will have to stay committed and for awhile you may not lose as quick as the first time around. But, hopefully you will be one that the weight will melt off quickly! :thup:

Join a challenge, they are great modivators! There are tons going on right now, and some of them just started or will be starting new soon!

Good Luck To You!
Brenda

kentear
Wed, Apr-06-05, 11:24
Thanks for the feedback. I "fell off" last time when I was pretty stressed and my sister came to visit for a week. She and I have struggled with weight our whole lives and she LOVES to cook. I started "cheating" here and there and by the end of the week I was in Carb overload.

After she left, I kept telling myself day after day that I needed to get back on program but I had lost so much momentum that I failed.

I have watched these boards for years now and posted only a few times. To be honest, I don't fell like I ever have much to say or don't know how to say it. I don't feel that I really fit in if that makes sense. I'm pretty shy in the real world :-) I know I need support and am trying to stick my neck out on the line this time. Thanks again K

Thanks again for your help.

Christal
Wed, Apr-06-05, 11:47
Yep, being around someone who loves to cook can be tough. There are many good cooks around me and I have to be firm with myself to not fall face first into those delicious dishes they create! However, you know what they say, "what a difference a day makes!" You've already jumped the biggest hurdle, which is getting started! You can do this! Just think of the success you had before -- proof that it works! It's a guarantee for you since you've already experienced it!

Also, don't worry about what you are saying -- just write what you need and want to. That's what makes this forum so great -- the vast variety of information, opinions, encouragement and support. Look at it as if you are jumping into the same pool we are all swimming in -- and know you are among friends:) Your neck is SAFE here:) Look forward to "reading/hearing" more from you! Good luck!

fluter
Wed, Apr-13-05, 18:54
Hi, kentear

I fell off too. I am determined to go back and make it work. I guess I really hadn't wrapped my head around the idea that some things I should never eat again. At least not more than once a year, and in a tiny quantity, (birthday cake.) I also think you need good support in your home life. I have a husband who is supportive, but eats all kinds of things himself. Just don't get on the "pity pot" and keep with the way of life aspect.

suzzee2003
Wed, Apr-13-05, 18:58
I'm so glad you stopped in and introduced yourself! You can and will do it! This is a great site! Just keep on posting and reading and your shyness will be gone before you know it!
I just started back on induction myself! Good luck!

Jiggerz
Wed, Apr-13-05, 19:46
I have watched these boards for years now and posted only a few times. To be honest, I don't fell like I ever have much to say or don't know how to say it. I don't feel that I really fit in if that makes sense. I'm pretty shy in the real world :-) I know I need support and am trying to stick my neck out on the line this time. Thanks again K

Everybody fits in, including you. :)
This isnt highschool (woo hooooo), its just a bunch really nice people trying to make their WOE work, meeting friends along the way, and holding each other up. You can't go wrong. We don't judge!

Welcome to the forum.

Jiggerz
Wed, Apr-13-05, 19:49
....and I almost forgot, in case someone above hasn't mentioned it yet, start a journal! sign up for fitday! (its free)..and no I'm not really this demanding! :p

Tresor
Thu, Apr-14-05, 07:16
Welcome to the forum, Kentear!

I did so well on Atkins a couple of years ago but "fell off the wagon" so to speak

I was in the same boat. :( You'll find a lot of motivation here!

:wave:

dkinney
Thu, Apr-14-05, 15:55
Don't feel this way, I just joined and I am shy also, but I built up the nerve to join. At first I thought no one would respond, but low and behold they did and I appreciate it. We can do this!!! I too fell off the wagon about 3 years agao after losing 29 lbs in 6 weeks, but i wasn't serious about doing this as am now. I just did it to prove to someone that I could, but now I am doing it for me. One thing that is driving me now, is all the negative comments I get about my weight, I will show them and I am actually cuter than the people making the comments, so there!!!

dat2
Mon, Apr-18-05, 21:21
Welcome! You are not the only one who has "fallen off the wagon." I lost 30 lbs about 4 years ago then gained it all back plus more! Now I am trying to get thru the induction phase of Atkins but have cheated twice, I just can't seem to get it together. . . tomorrow is another day!! I am determined to make LCing a lifestyle.

aldiener
Mon, Apr-25-05, 16:19
good luck on your journey. your post sounds just like mine. i absolutely stopped paying attention. would love to have a buddy for encouragement if your interested. this forum is so big i am sure i could get lost. anyways i wish you lots of encouragement. :thup:

fluter
Mon, Apr-25-05, 17:47
I made it through induction again. Lost about 5 1/2 pounds, which is about the same as last time. I feel great. One of my problems is, I like wine. I must not buy any. It seems like a real treat now, when I go out to dinner and have a glass. The thing about wine is, it lowers your inhibitions. Then, you start making popcorn and low-carb toast, and stuff you really wouldn't be having. This time, I won't go down that slippery slope.

How are you doing, Kentear? How was induction this time? How about Suzee?
Two weeks seems long when you are in it, but now that it is over, it's like it hardly happened!

black57
Mon, Apr-25-05, 17:56
Fluter do you play or teach the flute. I am a private flute teacher and performer also.

Cara73
Mon, Apr-25-05, 20:25
Hello and welcome,

I can only state again what everybody else has said. EVERYBODY fits in here. This is a great place, and everybody is extremely nice, helpful and VERY supportive. You've come to the right place for help.

And yes, I've fallen off the wagon...more times than I care to admit :o . But thanks to finding this place, I keep getting back on, where in the past, I'd fall off and stay off for way too long.

Welcome, and best of luck to you!!

fluter
Tue, Apr-26-05, 07:00
Why yes, I play traditional Irish flute and perform in a group. Used to play classical when I was in school and college.