PDA

View Full Version : Hi my name is jamck

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

jamck
Mon, Apr-04-05, 19:03
This is my second time around on the Adkins diet. I guess i just got lazy and greedy and all my no no's really looked good. My doctor started glaring at me again and my scale is worse. I have an electronic scale hooked to my telephone and I have to weigh evey morning and every evening, which in turn is transmitted some where in LasVegas for monitoring and then sent to my docter. With the recent increases I started getting what are you doing phone calls. Since I hate to explain myself, (when I know I'm in the wrong)
See I have Diabetes, congestive heart failure and lung disease. What we found. If i watch fluids, salt, sugar, and carbs. Every lab test goes to normal.
So I went back last week. Seems if I stay with Salad greens, Ranch dressing.
Rotissere chicken (from Walmart.) No candy, no pie , no fruit, Just vitamins for the time being. I stay away from all the carb products. because if you read the labels, they all have sugar and salt. I do use garlic and herb combo.
Hard boiled eggs in pickle juice. spinch quiche with no crust. and of course cheese cake made with splenda, and then only a small piece. What i have found going back, I need to go back to the orignal adkin diet plan. Did not allow as much but the results are quicker, for me and my infernal scale Jamck

Christal
Mon, Apr-04-05, 19:29
First, welcome to this site -- it is the best I've ever seen, regardless of topic! Then, let me say -- Oh Wow -- how incredible your story is to me! I am amazed by the fact that if you watch your fluids, salt, sugar and carbs that all of your lab tests go to normal. That just inspires me and confirms what I have known all along. The LC WOL really works and has tremendous health benefits.

I have a dear friend who also has diabetes, congestive heart failure in addition to kidney failure and at this moment a staph infection he is battling. He is waiting for a pancreas/kidney transplant. Please, please don't turn away from your low carb plan -- your health is so important and so worth the effort. Take all the inspiration, support and advice from these forums and use them to bolster your determination!! We are all rooting for you and your success!!:)

JulianaLC
Mon, Apr-04-05, 20:36
Hi and http://img221.exs.cx/img221/7400/welcome52or.gif

I´m sure you´ll find a lot of support here. There is so many people in the same situation then you... let´s do it together!!! :)