PDA

View Full Version : hi all

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

pie
Sun, Apr-03-05, 13:44
hi there im pie and im 28 and live in the uk
i started atkins 4days ago i know that im219.8 pounds at the moment and i would love to get down to 121.8 but im not gonna weigh myself im gonna go by my clothes.

anyway my fiancee is doing it with me he is a pro at it so im feeling more confident than i have with any other diet.

i hope to get to know you all and seek advice too:-)

drina39
Sun, Apr-03-05, 14:31
welcome to the forum !!! :) :wave:

Trunky
Sun, Apr-03-05, 14:37
Well done for starting. I started low carbing (Atkins induction) on Wednesday and ive just got weighed and i've lost 7lbs already. I know it's water but you get such a buzz when you see it has worked. I have eaten pounds of meat! Even a whole roasted chicken from Asda, it was good because the lady who bagged it for me marked it as roast potatoes instead of chicken so it only cost 98p. I didn't realise this until I had eaten it! :yum: it's quite frightening because we are so used to the low fat low cal way of eating. You are quite right we should all go by our clothes but pop on the scales now and then just to bring a smile to your face, when you may be wanting to cheat.
I wish you good luck and I hope the forum is helpful to you. You are not alone...
Louise :wave:

pie
Sun, Apr-03-05, 15:24
wow louise thats a great loss im finding ok as dp is doing it with me but im finding the taste in my mouth hard to live with at the moment but he told me i will get used to it:-)

Trunky
Sun, Apr-03-05, 15:33
Buy some of that sugar free chewing gum, works for me, even if yu spit it out after a minute.
:lol: