PDA

View Full Version : New to Forums, new to LC dieting.

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

mister gb
Sat, Apr-02-05, 15:11
Hello all, I've decided after registering a few weeks ago that Im taking the challenge and starting my Atkins diet tomorrow. I'm starting my shopping tonight to make sure I have more than enough things I can eat so that I'm not tempted by the forbiddens :-P

I'm 18 and live in South Florida. I've been overweight since childhood and I've just decided I have to do something now or it will never happen. I'm 6'2 and weigh 315, but my goal is to lose 120 lbs.

So, I will be starting tomorrow morning, wish me luck guys!

drina39
Sat, Apr-02-05, 15:19
Welcome, and good luck ! You can do this :thup: Start your journal, so that we can all help you !

mister gb
Sat, Apr-02-05, 15:30
What are the journals? Just where you document your dieting and what not?

subart
Sat, Apr-02-05, 21:00
Good Luck!! -- I just started 5 days ago. It's not that bad, you will really better.

bellybuton
Sat, Apr-02-05, 23:22
Welcome aboard....and wishing you the best of luck tomorrow (ok..its today actually now here :D ) on the start of your journey to the new you!

gymgal33
Sun, Apr-03-05, 00:34
welcome to lc'ing :) And yes, the journals are where you pretty much just keep yourself accountable. I reccomend you start one, they are very helpful and the people there are very encouraging :)

Neenz
Sun, Apr-03-05, 00:49
Good for you for making this decision and you will get all the support you need here just ask question and try it for 3 days and you will be amazed at the difference you feel.
I need to restart to so I will tomorrow morning too.
Good luck.

mister gb
Sun, Apr-03-05, 08:08
Thanks for all your support everyone. I'm really looking forward to all the benefits that I hear about the LC dieting.

Bat Spit
Sun, Apr-03-05, 09:18
Welcome-

You are part of a 'priviledged class', in that you are young and male. Add some working out to your life and you should have the rest of us drooling with envy at how quickly you can lose.

Journals are for keeping yourself accountable, but I also use mine for posting my feelings about self acceptance, issues that may come up with how I feel about eating, or changing. And of course, they're a good place for chatting with the friends you'll make here.

Good luck!

Trunky
Sun, Apr-03-05, 15:00
Welcome to the forum
I have only been lCing since Wednesday but I feel great and have lost 7lbs already. I know it is only water but it gives you a buzz to see it has worked. I bought a whole roasted chicken and ate it - alright it was a small one but I felt guilty because I'm used to low fat diets. I haven't been hungry but i do miss my tea and coffee because I have it white and cannot face cream in tea. Us brits like our tea with milk in!
But coffee (Decaff of course) is fine with cream.
Some tips:
Buy lots of eggs and boil a few to have in the refridgerator incase you get tempted by anything.
Buy Hellmans (full fat) mayo
buy cheese in sticks for treats (they sell them for kids packed lunches)
Tinned tuna will be your best friend.
etc etc.
Many other forum members will give you plenty of tips and encouragement. You can do this you are not alone.... :wave:

mister gb
Mon, Apr-04-05, 14:56
Well I started my journal, and came across the fact that I should stay away from artificial sugars :-X eeeek. thats not cool because there isnt much keeping me from jumping into a glass of milk or coke for that matter LOL

Melanie4
Tue, Apr-05-05, 07:40
Welcome aboard. Some people can do the aftificial sweeteners, some can't.
Hope you get everything you want from this site and diet. :o)

Trunky
Wed, Apr-06-05, 03:34
I still have my sweetners. just depends how much coffee/tea you drink in one day. Count the carbs and it doesn't matter.
Buy loads of Decaff coke and you'll be ok.
Good luck