PDA

View Full Version : needing serious help

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

ed_no2
Fri, Apr-01-05, 03:25
Hey guyz,

So i've just discovered this place.. and thank god.. cos i soo need someone to relate to. im really confused and don't know wat to do.... i've been abusing lax for the last 3 years now.. and i'm currently up to taking aroudn 37 tablets a day!!! i wasn't realizinf the effect of it until the other day i spotted blood... im really scared.. and to make things worse i'm on exchange in a diffeernet country.. with no one close to talk to. i'v seen a doctor.. but they recommend that i have it checked out... i was jut wondering. this is curable right. like wihtout any operations or anything? and in particular kirsten.. how did u overcome it.. i don't htink i can go cold turkey.. i stopped using it for three days.. and i've feeling bloated and sick.. so i took some .. but im thinking if i gradually reduce both the frequency and the no. of tablets i'll eventually get htere? its seems like veggies and all bran. and metamucil is the way to go in temrs of naturral fibre.. any other recommendations.. please advise me.. i've been thru anorexia and times of bulimia.. i've alrady ruined my body enough.. but i just cant' seeem to stop.. and i want to....

Roma-girl
Fri, Apr-01-05, 07:48
Hello and welcome!

My dear, you do indeed need serious help! You did the right thing by consulting a physician who gave you the sound advice to have your condition checked out!

You should do that first of all, in my opinion!

You say you are currently in a foreign country. Do you speak the local language? If not, is it not possible to go home first and have your condition checked out there?

Your confusion is clear from your post and you do obviously have a lot of problems, but losing weight does not seem to me to be the most urgent one!

Your medical (and addiction!) problem is!

I hope that you'll feel better soon and less confused. If you can, go home, so you'll have people around you who can support you for real!

This forum is reachable from just about anywhere, I think. So you'd be able to come here from your home country as well.

But you (seriously!) should have your medical check-up and a one-on-one support system in place first!

I wish you all the best an hope and pray that you will find your way to a better life than you appear to have led until now!

Paleoanth
Fri, Apr-01-05, 08:01
I agree. Get it checked out. You might need some medical help to get you through this. There is a forum here on emotional issues, that you might want to post to and see how others dealt with the same problems:

http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=121

Here is an article on how to stop abusing laxatives. It might help:

http://64.233.187.104/search?q=cache:-rrymCJFOiMJ:www.aplaceofhope.com/pdf/stopabuselaxative.pdf+abusing+laxatives&hl=en&lr=lang_en&client=firefox-a

Constipation is a normal withdrawl symptom and should go away after your body readjusts. The important thing is to stop taking them.

Please, please get help and let us know what is going on.