PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone tell me where to buy pork rinds in Toronto?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

CarlaMac
Fri, Oct-26-01, 13:01
Can anyone tell me where to buy pork rinds in the Toronto Area?

doreen T
Fri, Oct-26-01, 13:11
We had a long discussion on this very topic back in the summer. Check it out in our Products forum ... just click here (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12901) :) ... lots of stores and the locations too!

While you're at it, pop into our Introductions forum, say hello ... we'd love to read more about you and your low-carb journey.. ;)

Doreen

CarlaMac
Fri, Oct-26-01, 13:25
Thanks, Doreen

fishinmom
Tue, Nov-06-01, 08:13
Hi :wave:

You can get pork rinds in most of the variety stores - they're in the chip section or a lot of the grocery stores have them as well. Also in the chip section.

Or if you are close to a "Bulk Barn" store - they sell them for $.99 a bag.

Fishinmom

jenniferle
Wed, Dec-19-01, 11:00
Bulk Barn In Newmarket sells them for 99 cents. Cheapest you will get any where so I assume the other locations will have them. Ususally in a mall.
Plus I have seen them in Beckers! Old Dutch brand.

Chrissy
Wed, Dec-19-01, 16:02
I'm way far from Toronto, but most Extra Foods, or Superstores sell them, there are 2 brands so far that I found in Alberta, No-Name in the yellow bag and Old Dutch. No difference in taste, except I like the plain ones dipped in garlic & herb cream cheese :yum:

Glenda
Wed, Jan-02-02, 11:52
I believe the Old Dutch brand of pork rinds are actually called Bacon Puffs. But as far as I know, they are the same thing. At least, that's what I use!!!!

Glenda

jenniferle
Wed, Jan-02-02, 19:13
Another pork rind siting. Now Bulk Barn is selling BBQ pork rinds called Porkys and so is Macs Milk Convenience stores.

clwydd
Wed, Jan-30-02, 14:13
I'm so jealous! There's a rather irritating "we know what's best for you attitude" here in Nova Scotia, so it's almost impossible to find them here. In the same vein, it's getting harder to find yogurt that is more than 1% bf at some of the major grocery stores. If I take a trip out to Bedford, I can occasionally get imported pork rinds at Pete's Frootique. Pete carries Liberty full-fat yogurt and sour cream, so it might be worth risking my car among all the SUV women.

I might give the local Bulk Barn a try, though. And I'm heading for Ottawa next weekend--I'll check out the No Frills to see if I can load up my suitcase there.

Susan

bkcooper
Sun, Feb-03-02, 20:26
OK, I'll bite, (pun intended) what are pork rinds?

Deirdre
Mon, Feb-04-02, 00:41
I've noticed some Zeller's stores are carrying the Porky's brand pork rinds now.

I believe pork rinds are deep fried pork skin, doesn't that sound yummy! I mainly crush them in my food processor and use them for breading, as a bread crumb replacement and to make pancakes, but a lot of people eat them as is or with dip. They're puffy and crunchy and usually 0 carbs unless you get a flavour like barbecue which might have some carbs from sugar in the seasoning.

misselly
Fri, Feb-08-02, 06:26
LOBLAWS

Gracia_30
Tue, Apr-09-02, 17:52
IGA has some too... Old Grandad's brand...

Our corner store also has some. I would check out all the stores around in their chip iles and see if they carry them. Also ask the manager if they can get some for you. Some stores would do that.

Good luck.

Mila
Tue, Apr-09-02, 17:57
I live in High Park area, our 7/11 store (corner of Bloor and Keel) has them, regular and BBQ kinds. Mila