PDA

View Full Version : Gringa in Mexico says Hi!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Kristina
Wed, Mar-30-05, 10:50
I am not new to low-carb. I am new to this site though and I am so impressed by the people here. What a warm, fun place. :wave:

I live in Mexico in an American colony and love it here. The pic in my avatar is from a beach close to Puerto Vallarta. The hardest part of my wol here is all the fresh tropical fruit. :yum: I gave up beans and rice with no problem.

I look forward to getting to know all of you, because I sure need the support!!!

Kristina
Wed, Mar-30-05, 10:57
Hmmm, my photo isn't there! :help:

Aquaholic
Wed, Mar-30-05, 11:19
Hey~ I'm not a pro but I think this is what you do....

Go to "Gallery"; Click on "Before Photos"; Click Upload; Then find or "Browse" for the pic you want; fill out the title, date, etc.; Hit "Submit".

If this info is wrong, sorry :(

Kristina
Wed, Mar-30-05, 13:01
Is that the case for an avatar oic or just for the gallery? It seems like I am doing everything right and then it's not there.

acohn
Wed, Mar-30-05, 13:52
If it's any consolation, Kristina, in the later stages of low-carbing, you can have fruit, in limited quantites, especially as you increase your exercise. Since you're already 3/4 of the way to your goal, you can have some an hour prior to a good workout for an energy boost. There are no quantity guidelines, but the rule of thumb is that the sweeter the fruit and the less fiber it has, the less of the fruit you should have at a sitting.

MiamiNicol
Wed, Mar-30-05, 18:00
Funny I am a Gringa in Mexico Too!!! Mexico City that is!!! Saludos!

cygirl
Wed, Mar-30-05, 20:01
I want to be a Gringa in Mexico....

:agree:

what is a gringa?