PDA

View Full Version : seasoning chicken

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

moonmist
Thu, Oct-25-01, 21:13
hey im new here, well.... right now im going on one of those low fat/ low carb/ high protein for a while just to jump start my weight loss again (ive been stuck for about two months!) anyway... does anyone know anything i can use to give chicken some flavor that is low in carbs and fat?

Karen
Thu, Oct-25-01, 23:36
Not the answer to your question, but a few things you should know. What kind of "diet" were you on previously?

Diets that promote calorie restriction usually end up not working because your body goes into starvation mode and holds on to all the the fat you have because it thinks you are starving. A combination of low-carb/low-faD will make it think that it's still starving, even more so because the calories have to come from somewhere. And with low-carb, they come from fat.

Your calories per day while low-carbing should be 10-12 times your current bodyweight. Anything less generally = no weight loss.

When someone is new to the forum, we always recommend reading one of the many LC books available. Protein Power and Dr. Atkins New Diet Revolution seem to be the most popular. Messing with your body without having any information is dangerous and disheartening. There are many people here who have messed up their metabolism by yo-yo and low-faD dieting. Don't become another "dieting" casualty. No one deserves that.

Most of us long termers and enlightened newcomers have accepted low-carbing as a way-of-eating and way-of-life. That is the way to permanent health, vitality and weight loss.

Karen

moonmist
Fri, Oct-26-01, 00:49
ive accepted this as my WOE and im very happy with it , i dont dont think of it as just another diet. but i read going low fat/low carb temporarily can help get you out of a stall, is that true? if not, what do i do to get out of this stupid stall???