PDA

View Full Version : Just finished 2 weeks of induction

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

lak10
Mon, Mar-28-05, 23:08
I just finished my first 2 weeks on Atkins and was thrilled to lose 6 pounds. I found it suprisingly easy to stick to the diet and felt very satisfied eating only the allowed foods. When I have tried to diet before by following a lowfat diet or just trying to cut down on what I ate I found it very difficult and I was hungry all the time. This has been so much better. My only concern is that I haven't felt the increased energy that so many talk about. I did feel really good and energetic the first 3 days on low carb, but since then I have had less energy than usual. I am now on my 15th day. Is this normal? Would I feel better if I added a few more carbs this week?

jadefox26
Tue, Mar-29-05, 05:18
http://www.havesomehats.com/artwoik/for%20sale/hello.gif

Hi and welcome to the boards! Hope you enjoy your time here and that you do well on your weight loss journey :)

jadefox26
Tue, Mar-29-05, 05:20
It wouldn't hurt you to up the carbs a little bit. Jut do it gradually though - take 5g a day more for a week and check to see how it affects your weight loss. You will not lose 6lb in the next few weeks (well, you might, but it's unlikely) you'll probably find your weight loss goes to 1 - 2lb a week from now on, but it's all good!