PDA

View Full Version : Hi! I'm new here.

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

kaitsmomma
Mon, Mar-28-05, 22:05
I logged in here tonight because I need all the help and support I can get. I am a 29 year old single mom to a precious toddler. I've successfully lost weight before on many different diets including variations of low carb, but I am and always will be addicted to Carbs. I think the only way I will ever live healthy and stay thin is if I stay clear of carbs for good.
I was visiting my grandmother today. I have always thought of her as obese and swore I would never be that heavy no matter what. She told me tonight how much she weighs. I didn't ask it just came out in conversation. I was so sick to my stomach when I realized that I only weigh 10 pounds less than my grandmother. I'm almost where I promised myself I would never go.
What is worse is that my sweet little baby, 22 months old, is a carb junkie. She won't even eat food if it isn't carbs. Her diet is oatmeal or cold cereal for breakfast, crackers or cookies for snack, grilled cheese for lunch, apples (if I'm lucky) for a snack and then she will eat breaded meat (sometimes) for dinner. Then after dinner she asks for sweets again. She won't drink anything except juice and other sweet drinks.
My baby is not overweight, but she will be if something doesn't change soon. I'm a terrible example to my little girl and I'm turning her into what I hate in myself. It just has to stop NOW!
I cleaned out my cabinets and my refrigerator today. Carbs are gone. Except for oatmeal for my daughters breakfast and milk to go with it. If she won't eat whole wheat bread with her grilled cheese sandwich her only option will be meat or veggies. I'm not going to let her walk down the fat road that I've struggled with since I was 12 years old. No dieting for her, just healthy food and a mom who sets a good example.
Thanks for reading this confession of a mother's heart. I just had to share it and get the truth in writing. I need to be accountable and I need to stay on track. This is no longer just about me and my weight and health. A beautiful little girl's weight and health are at stake as well.
I look forward to all of my future participation with all of you wonderful low carbers.

jadefox26
Tue, Mar-29-05, 05:21
http://www.havesomehats.com/artwoik/for%20sale/hello.gif

Hi and welcome to the boards! Hope you enjoy your time here and that you do well on your weight loss journey :)

DONUT22
Tue, Mar-29-05, 08:34
Hello,
I am also new to the site. Stumbled upon it while surfing around.
I have been on SS plan for a year, and have lost 25 pounds.
I would have done much better had I more determination. I haven't had that lately.

BlueTrunks
Tue, Mar-29-05, 08:46
Welcome Kaitsmomma! It sounds like you are off to a good start by cleaning out all the "bad" food in your kitchen and replacing it with healthier choices. You are on the right track.
Good Luck!