PDA

View Full Version : Days of your life saved

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

cajuda
Sun, Mar-27-05, 06:46
How do you figure out how many days of your life has been saved by not smoking? Is there a formula per cig? I quit as of 9:00 last night. This first hour after waking up has been rough but I'm into my 2nd hour and so far so good. :thup: I'll just have to take it an hour at a time. Have a good Easter everyone.

drina39
Sun, Mar-27-05, 06:49
YOU CAN DO THIS !!!! I quit on January 8th...11 am, and I feel so much better, just as you will. :agree:

missbitty
Sun, Mar-27-05, 10:23
happy easter & what a great easter basket to give yourself! I quit on Nov. 29 and have been lcing off & on since Jan. you can do it!! check out www.quitnet.com. :thup:

FabByFifty
Sun, Mar-27-05, 10:36
I went in to join the site, and guess what? I already belong! I will be on there to get the support, I am going to try to give the darn things up next week!
Wish me Luck!
Good For all of You who have Quit!
Brenda

Happy Easter!

cajuda
Mon, Mar-28-05, 04:19
FabbyFifty...it's a good idea to pick a specific date to quit and get yourself prepared. Otherwise, I'd tell you to quit now and join me. I had planned to quit Good Friday but wasn't ready. (Of course, had to finish smoking the 3 packs of expensive cigs I had left first. :lol: ) No, I just had kind of a rough, long day at work Thursday so wasn't in the right frame of mind so I told myself--Easter, I'm done. I'm using the Smoke Away kit and that seems to help. Easter a.m. was very, very rough. Always reaching, reaching, reaching... I was constantly thinking about it, even when counting on my cross stitch, it's in the back of my mind. I kept a pack in my car. At noontime, I had one. Then, made it all the way to 5 and had a 2nd one and then another right before bed. I'm treating them as an 'after dinner drink' like men would enjoy a fine cigar and brandy. Of course, eventually I'll do away with those.

As drina39 posted in my journal ('cajuda's smokefree journey') she said losing weight on lowcarb is a breeze compared to quitting. She 'aint kiddin' but I'm going to be strong!

missbitty...I'll check out the quitnet site. Thanks for the help.

I have to go post in my journal now. I've been up an hour and only 'reached' a couple times which is considerable less than 20 or so yesterday a.m. in the first hour after getting up. Any of you know how to figure out how much of your life is saved per cig not smoked?