PDA

View Full Version : looking for cooking advice and found this site

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Eisenstein
Sat, Mar-26-05, 06:54
I enjoy cooking and the only way I can get my husband to participate in losing weight is to cook low carb meals. Taste is extremely important to both of us so I'm always looking for new tasty recipes. :yum:

Paleoanth
Sat, Mar-26-05, 06:56
Welcome! There are several really nice recipes around here. You can also try:

http://www.carb-lite.au.com/

Eisenstein
Sat, Mar-26-05, 07:00
I'm also hypothroid - I thought just taking my synthroid keep me check. My doc never really talked to me about my diet

Paleoanth
Sat, Mar-26-05, 07:01
I am too. My doc put me on lc for that reason. I couldn't lose weight not matter what. Thank goodness for him

Eisenstein
Sat, Mar-26-05, 07:23
we just had a power outage -- anyway - about 5 years ago I starting gaining weight for no apparent reason - my doc found out I was hypo and put me on synthroid but I still didn't lose weight - 2 years after that I had a hysterectomy due to a fibroid - still didn't lose weight - picked up the Atkins book and I look and feel great again. Started at size 12 and worked down to a 6. Are you in western or eastern TN?

Paleoanth
Sat, Mar-26-05, 07:36
Eastern TN in KNoxville. Where are you moving to?

Eisenstein
Sat, Mar-26-05, 07:42
we bought 12 acres in Jonesborough but find it too difficult to try and build up there while living in Florida - Knoxville was our first look but we thought the city was too big already - we are also looking at Cleveland, TN for a temporary location

Paleoanth
Sat, Mar-26-05, 08:04
IT certainly is a beautiful area around here. I am sure you will enjoy the geography.