PDA

View Full Version : All those below 125lbs

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

BiToxicity
Thu, Mar-24-05, 22:50
Hey,

This thread is for all those females that have succeeded in weighing below 125lbs . I'd like to ask how you got there and what kind of diet you followed (carb +calorie wise) as well as excercise rutine. I'm 5'2'' and weight about 130 lbs. I have a history of anorexia and i'm not willing to go through that again so I'd really appreciate some sound advice with regards to proper dieting . Thanks :-D.

17 ne tips
Fri, Apr-22-05, 22:36
you are not fat at all i think you are lookin good

ikkuna3
Thu, May-05-05, 23:56
hello. i'm 16, and am 5'3" and 95 lb.
to loose weight, try to eat about 1200 cal a day, mostly from fruits [berries are low cal] and vegetables. try to keep the fats, meats and fatty cheses or creams to a minimum. you may be doing low-carb, but that doesn't mean eat poorly.

lean meats, such as shrimp, salmon, or boneless skinless chicken breast are best if you eat meat. [i don't.]

if you can make atleast 800 of your calories from vegetables and fruit, and nuts, then you're in good shape.

good luck! hope you reach your goal. :)

Rosebud
Fri, May-06-05, 00:07
try to keep the fats, meats and fatty cheses or creams to a minimum. you may be doing low-carb, but that doesn't mean eat poorly.

lean meats, such as shrimp, salmon, or boneless skinless chicken breast are best if you eat meat. [i don't.]

Ikkuna3, I think you need to learn a lot more about low carbing.

On a low carb plan, one needs plenty of fat to use as fuel. You will lose weight in a much healthier fashion if you get about 70% of your calories from fat.

Unfortunately, with the serious eating disorder you have, you don't seem to understand what "healthy" means. So before you give too much more advice on a low carbing board, how about educating yourself about low carbing?
You could start by going to www.atkins.com and www.eatprotein.com

Rosebud:rose:

ikkuna3
Fri, May-06-05, 00:17
i don't know much about low carb, but the basis of the diet is "low carb" that does not imply "high fat"

my aunt did a low carb diet [for health reasons, not weight loss] and she did it by eating lean cuts of meat, including some steaks, and vegetables.
she didn't over indulged in cheeses and whipped cream.

Justin_UGR
Fri, May-06-05, 14:47
i don't know much about low carb, but the basis of the diet is "low carb" that does not imply "high fat"

my aunt did a low carb diet [for health reasons, not weight loss] and she did it by eating lean cuts of meat, including some steaks, and vegetables.
she didn't over indulged in cheeses and whipped cream.

Yeah Low-carb is just that, low-carb. Not high fat. :thup:

Giasbash
Sat, Jun-04-05, 19:11
hello. i'm 16, and am 5'3" and 95 lb.
to loose weight, try to eat about 1200 cal a day, mostly from fruits [berries are low cal] and vegetables. try to keep the fats, meats and fatty cheses or creams to a minimum. you may be doing low-carb, but that doesn't mean eat poorly.

if you can make atleast 800 of your calories from vegetables and fruit, and nuts, then you're in good shape.

good luck! hope you reach your goal. :)

please please please do me a FAVOR and DONT GET DOWN TO 85 pounds!!! You will REGRET IT BIG TIME!!!
I got down to 77 pounds and I basically couldnt move but forced myself to work out b/c I thought I was so fat!! Common!!! You are even a little too skinny for your height...not by much though, I mean I am 5'2 and weigh 95 pounds now...so you should be like 99-101 or something! BUt hey, if your happy with the way you are thats great, just please dont go down to 85 because its not healthy! When I did I adopted, not ONLY HORRIBLE blood counts but, osteoperosis and hair LOSS ohh man the hair loss!!! And if you have nice thick hair, YOU DONT WANT TO LOOSE THATS!!! what sort of diet are you on anyway?
Gigi--JUst trying to help! sorry if I annoyed you!

rachelratz
Sat, Jun-11-05, 22:19
I'm a little over 5'2". I have been 110 lbs zone for a long time. There is not magic bullet in staying thin. I eat a variety of foods. I watch what I eat, restrict pasta to once a week. I walk to work. Since losing my weight, I love sports and participate in tennis and swimming. One habit I kept from my time on Atkins, is not eating betwen meals. I eat three full meals a day.

Meatball35
Thu, Jul-14-05, 20:09
Bitoxicity,
You look great already! I am also 5'2 and I used to weigh about 130 pound like you, but I looked very fat. I weigh about 119 now partly because I grew a little, but even now you still look skinner then me! The other part of the weight I lost simply by exercising a couple of times a week and just watching how much ate, but I think I lost most of the weight just from drinking water. I love soda, and I never have liked water, but I read somewhere that if you start drinking at least 8 cups a day it can help you lose weight. Just a tip, but I personally think that you look great how you are...I wouldn't be caught dead in a bathing suit! Also, congratulations on beating anorexia, it takes a really strong person to do that!

Keep up the good work!

Elvis=King
Sun, Jul-17-05, 22:29
Anyone over 5'2" and under 125?

rachelratz
Mon, Jul-18-05, 06:36
I am 110 lbs and 5'3"

CurlyQJew
Fri, Sep-09-05, 12:17
hey, i'm 5'0 and about 115. Okay,does this happen to other women around my height?..people think i am smaller than i actually am...even when i wore a size 12 somehow a woman at the clothing store mistaked me for a six (don't ask how) ...and now that I am ( or was before last week) a size 4 i went to try on different clothes and multiple women at the stores thought i was a zero...um not sure if i should take that as a compliment...but honestly, it frustrates me a little...just when i think a size 4 is small, they think i'm smaller...so maybe i should try to get to that size..i know it sounds silly but i guess that's my screwed up way of thinking. To add to that, the way they say " no, you aren't a size 4, you are tiny"... makes me feel like a size 4 ISN'T small enough...i know there are worse things to be frustrated about...but i always analyze things and it really screws with my head...
BTW BiToxicty where did you get the jewish american princess icon?? and can i steal it?;-) i LOOOVE it

rachelratz
Fri, Sep-09-05, 12:43
Different manufactures make different sizes. In one store you are 4, another store something else. At Forwever 21, I'm a 4, at Wet Seal, I'm a 1 or 2. Finally, at Banana Republic and at Abercrombie and Fitch I am a size 0. I'm also a 0-2 at American Eagle Outfitters. Everything depends on the cut of the clothing. What I think is funny is that the more expensve the clothing store, the smaller the size.

CurlyQJew
Fri, Sep-09-05, 12:52
hey rachel :-),
yea, i know about the whole vanity sizing thing..which in my opinion is ANNOYING..more so than helpful..but even people i knew thought i was smaller than i actually was..kind of wierd, just like my whole issue with everyone thinking i am younger than i am, i guess it gets kind of old when someone says " are you sure you are that size" and "are you sure you are that age"..right because i'm going to lie...grrrr (sorry for the tiny rant)....congrats on the awesome weight loss and maintence by the way! tell me how you kept it off because evidently thats what im having trouble with...i think i want to jutst keep dieting so i dont have to worry about maintenence...and thats gettin old real quickly

Blair
Tue, Oct-25-05, 18:24
ikkuna3 at your height and weight you have an anorexic BMI as I'm sure you know. That's not just a little too skinny for your height. I hope you can get some professional help because anorexia nearly killed me and I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

|caitlin|
Mon, Jun-09-08, 10:31
My goal weight is around about 125 and i was just wondering how people maintain that weight after losing quite a substantial amount of weight ~ for example daily exercise and eating habits etc. and whether its easier to lose or maintain (albeit at a lower weight) ?

lowcarbUgh
Mon, Jun-09-08, 10:44
I'm 5'10 and 138 lbs and lost 40 lbs over the course of 3 years. I'm also 52 and that makes is doubly hard not to gain weight when you are menopausal. I found two things that are essential:

1) Develop an eating plan that you like and fits your lifestyle. If you look at this as a "diet" you are going to do until you lose the weight, you won't succeed in the long run. Only by eating food that you enjoy and are happy with can you make this a way of life. That might mean taking the foods you like best and "de-carbing" them, eating low or zero carb bread products or whatever it takes to create a menu that you can live with.

2) Aerobic exercise is, for me, essential to maintaining weight and health as well. I try to do things that I enjoy and are fun. Again, if all you do is a DVD or go to the gym for short-term results, you're not likely to stick with it. Having some fun activity like tennis or swimming that you enjoy on a regular basis is the key to long-term exercise success.

In short, the key to success is to make your life enjoyable while maintaining healthy exercise and eating habits.

Cosima
Sun, Feb-28-10, 15:04
Hey,

This thread is for all those females that have succeeded in weighing below 125lbs . I'd like to ask how you got there and what kind of diet you followed (carb +calorie wise) as well as excercise rutine. I'm 5'2'' and weight about 130 lbs. I have a history of anorexia and i'm not willing to go through that again so I'd really appreciate some sound advice with regards to proper dieting . Thanks :-D.

Hey, I understand where you're coming from--I've just "recovered" from my ED of over two years.

I'm 5'6 and my weight is usually between 120-125, less when I restrict calories.

Fasting helps a lot, but if you have a history of anorexia you may not want to get into that again.

For workouts, I do yoga everyday and lift light weights twice a week. I also do cardio (circuit training and soccer) 2-3 times a week. Personally, the more strenuous of a workout I do, the more I eat afterward, so I've learned to tone down my workouts to the point where I can still improve my health from them, but not overdo them to the point where I come home and binge. Usually just doing half an hour is fine, but when I get up to 45-60 minutes, then the eating sets in.

And for diet--well, the less I eat the less I weigh, but I know for a lot of people that really slows their metabolism and doesn't work in the long run. I find that if I don't eat late at night it helps a lot. That's the time when I tend to eat the most food, so cutting that out helps me lose a few pounds in just a week or two. Eating past 8 or 9 at night also gives me insomnia. I know some people here do intermittent fasting, or IF, which I believe means that you only eat from around 12p.m.-6p.m., so that's something to try as well, and may not trigger your anorexic tendencies since it's within a set time period.

And for carbs/food choices...the diet that works best for ME is:

-No grains/flours (bread, pasta, rice, etc...though a couple slices of bread a week should be fine, if you really want it)

-No sugar/sweets (candy, cake, pie, cookies, honey, maple syrup, agave nectar, etc. I use stevia if I want to sweeten something)

-No dairy except a bit of raw cheese and maybe cultured butter ("normal" dairy, as in pasteurized dairy, usually makes me mucus-y and is addicting for a lot of people)

-Minimal/no nuts (nuts and nut butter is so addicting for me!)

-No legumes (beans, peas, cashews, peanuts, etc.)

-Yes veggies (lettuce and carrots are my favorites, and about the only ones I eat)

-Yes fruits, depending (the only fruit I really like--and yes, they are technically fruit--is tomatoes and avocados. Berries are ok, but try to avoid high-sugar fruits, such as dates, bananas, mangoes, etc.)

-Yes raw cheese (Trader Joe's has a wide variety of raw cheeses for pretty cheap)

-Yes seafood and meat (I've been a vegetarian for a long time, so I can't really do meat yet, but seafood is fine. Just try to get your animal products from humane farms, or from fishers who catch humanely)

I hope this helps...I'd really recommend staying away from too much cheese and dairy, unless it's raw. Since I don't eat meat yet, when I first started low carb I ate lots of poor-quality dairy, and let's just say that going to the bathroom was NOT a pleasant experience! I used to eat just a piece of buttered toast for breakfast every morning, and for some reason that coincided with the times I lost the most weight, so I don't really know what to make of that. If you can keep the rest of your carbs during the day low, then I think that would be fine.

Good luck!!

Rosebud
Sun, Feb-28-10, 15:25
This is a very old thread. The OP has not visited the forum since 2005. ;)

Cosima
Sun, Feb-28-10, 18:07
This is a very old thread. The OP has not visited the forum since 2005. ;)

Oops! My bad. I guess I should start checking the dates ;)

static0220
Sun, Jul-24-11, 19:27
Curly Q, I see that you're following Atkins. Your current stats are what I would like to achieve (You go girl!) I am just wondering what your meal plan looks like and roughly how many calories you intake. (I'm 5'3). Thanks.