PDA

View Full Version : allen carr's book to quit smoking

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

lauza211
Tue, Mar-22-05, 14:00
Thought Id make it clear that Allen wrote a book to help smokers quit. He's not a guy I love in the literal sense. I just see that a later post has had 58 views to my 2, and think this might be the reason. Please do yourselves a fvour and read my post!!

missbitty
Tue, Mar-22-05, 19:29
wonderful that you gave up the smokes! :thup: I quit on Nov 29. I heard about this book but after i had been quit about a month, so I never bought it. I wish I shared your experience about it being so easy, it hasn't really been as smooth for me. But, no matter, I'm still here & not smoking. I too smoked 1 1/2 packs a day for over 20 years. Put on 13 lbs in quitting, but I've lost that & working on the other 10 I've added in the last 5 years.

lauza211
Wed, Mar-23-05, 03:55
Congrats!! that's amazing. He says in the book that some people use his method even after quitting because they're still missing the nicotine. I don't know though. You sound like you're doing so well, why fix what ain't broke! I have a vision of me starting LCing today, so let's hope.