PDA

View Full Version : Fruit Major

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

BiToxicity
Mon, Mar-21-05, 13:59
Hi Everyone,

I've tossed most refined sugar out of my diet and have embraced tuna, chicken, turkey and various red meats. However, I have been unable to give up fruit such as apples , oranges, or grapes completely for even as brief an interval as induction. I sure do love my fruit, I feel sickly without it. But I'm concerned that with the fructose in them I'll balloon due to my high fat intake. Anyone any suggestions ?

curlyfries
Mon, Mar-21-05, 15:49
i can only think of low carb beverages that have the fruit flavored tastes or dried fruit. i know eating the fruit directly is different from baking something but there are many recipes that offer those fruity tastes. it took me a little bit of time stop eating apples and canned pineapples, but its easy to enjoy other products that have some similarities as to what i use to enjoy. sorry cant be more of help!

bluesfan88
Mon, Mar-21-05, 17:20
hello welcome to the forum . good luck on this wol:)

Sweetcake
Mon, Mar-21-05, 18:14
Do you like berries? Most berries are lower in carbs... maybe you can taylor a diet to your needs without doing induction but drastically lowering your carb intake... just a suggestion..