PDA

View Full Version : hi everyone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

gloriakz
Mon, Mar-21-05, 00:27
It certainly is nice to know that there is help out there when you need it, and i think i need it. I have been sooooo stuck with this diet. I seem to be holding at this weight for months. I am doing exactly what I have always done and excercising and walking everyday. I walk at least 3 miles a day and I just can't lose another pound. If I do it comes right back at me. help anyone who can tell me what I am doing wrong. I even tried induction again for 2 weeks and didn't budge. What the heck!
I started this diet almost 2 years ago and have intially lost about 70 lbs I have kept most of it off give or take a pound or two. I should be happy but I really want to get down to my goal weight of 145, it is really disheartening because I work hard at this and I know if I quit walking and excercising I would be just as heavy as I was and probably more. Thanks for listening and I appreciate any good advice to get me losing again.
Thanks Gloria

MonicaLH
Mon, Mar-21-05, 09:56
Don't give up!!! I was in the same place 2 years ago--exactly the weight you're at now. I stopped Atkins and started Weight Watchers, and then simple calorie counting (exercising all the time). All the weight I lost came back and then some. Don't give up. LC works, and you'll get over this plateau soon.

You can also go to the Atkins website for additional ideas on getting past plateaus. They happen to everyone, just stick with it!

Nathalied
Mon, Mar-21-05, 10:04
Don't give up! I just started today so cannot give you advice...BUT..I can't beleive you lost 70 lbs! That gives me hope and without knowing it you are an inspiration to people just starting. I can appreciate that you want to meet your goal but you have come so far already, so keep on truckin!

Sweetcake
Mon, Mar-21-05, 18:28
Welcome to the forum!! If you like, You can start your own personal weight loss journal here by following this link.. http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=187389
It really helps a lot!!! Glad to have you on board!! You CAN do it!! Maybe you can post a few days of menus and maybe someone will see something that may be causing the stall.. another good thing to try is www.fitday.com and plugging into it everything you eat in one day to see how many carbs and calories you are taking in....

gloriakz
Fri, Mar-25-05, 23:09
Thanks for the links. I will try and see if that helps.
I was thinking of starting weight watchers too, just seems that my body has found a weight that it likes. This is just not right that I am 100 times more active than before and eat so much less now and I am holding here.
My daughter is getting married in august and I so wanted to be at my goal weight! I really want to get there.
I will give it another week or so writing everything down that I am eating, if that dosen't work then I am going to try another diet.
thanks again everyone,
Gloria