PDA

View Full Version : I'm picturing.......bikini..........

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

packinheat
Sat, Mar-19-05, 16:55
:wave:
Hi from CANADA!

yep, I'm new.......help me out....what do you guys do to control the cravings at night?
I eat 'cause I'm bored....... thanx!

spiritof72
Sat, Mar-19-05, 17:30
Hello, and welcome! The key on the cravings is to keep Atkins-legal snacks around. For me, Sugar Free Jello cups and cheese cubes are my best bets. Another good thing which is easier to do than it sounds: take a late-evening stroll. It's good for you, and it prevents you from sitting in front of the TV, wanting to throw food in your mouth out of habit.

Cara73
Sat, Mar-19-05, 22:38
Hello and welcome to the forum :wave:

Yes, definitely cheese, eggs, cucumbers, pepperoni, that type of thing. And maybe take up a hobby, and every time you feel hungry, do something to take your mind off of it. Sometimes, when I feel hungy, I'll drink water until I feel full. Just some ideas.

I'm sure you'll find this site very informative. And the support you'll get here can't be beat!!!

Best of luck to you :)

FabByFifty
Sat, Mar-19-05, 22:43
HI and welcome! I am with the other two in the snacking. As Cara73 said, water is the best thing to kill the cravings. Drink the water first, and then if you still feel hungry or are having cravings eat something that like the eggs, pepperoni, celery or something of that nature to feel fuller. Myself, I stay away from any form of sweets, (which is what I crave) for fear of a stall.
Good Luck and Welcome
Brenda