PDA

View Full Version : very unhappy

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

unhappy
Fri, Mar-18-05, 14:47
hello all, sorry so sound so down but i'm at the point it just seems hopeless i've tryed so many diets and all i ever lose is maybe 60lbs and then i go back to eating, i've been over weight my whole life and and i'm at the point its affecting my health so i've check into having that bariatric surgery and even with that i have to lose 86 lbs before my doctor will do it.so i'm hoping talking to ppl on here will encourge me and the low carb diet i can do it,so any words of wisdom or any do or dont to do on this diet it would be very :help: full,,,well here a little about me i live in west tn close to jackson i've been married to a wonderful man for 21yrs and we have three kids 17,18,19 that keep me going and they all support me, but i dont know i just give up to easy i guess. :help: :help: :help:

ozzycrazy3
Fri, Mar-18-05, 15:07
awwwwww....sorry you are feeling so unhappy :(
Just take it one day at a time hun!
You seem to have a wonderful supportive family...
Hang in there!

Here's a (((((((((((((((((((((((((((HUG)))))))))))))))))))))))))) for y'a

Roma-girl
Fri, Mar-18-05, 15:11
My dear,

First of all: you have lost 4lbs in 8 days. Well done! :clap:

Then I would choose a program. You've read two books, so try to choose one and stick with it, see how you go!

I'm on Atkins myself. Only just started, as well, just finished the first 2 weeks and lost only 5lbs during that time (and another 9 in the month and a half before that while I was learning about LC-ing).

Like you I have a husband and kids that support me more with this WOE than they've ever done before. I guess because they can see I keep to it and don't eat (much) secretly! :blush:

My guess (and hope) for you is that once you've lost those 86 lbs you will be so confident in your ability to do this, you will forget all about that awful operation!

Anyway, welcome to the forum. You've come to the right place.

Hang in there! We both have a LOT to be thankful for!

unhappy
Fri, Mar-18-05, 15:11
thank you ,,your doing great !!! keep up the good work.

nets33
Fri, Mar-18-05, 15:22
Sorry to hear you're so unhappy!

After yo-yoing on various diets I realized that I have to make my choice a lifestyle change not just a "diet for now". Making that decision in my life is what has truly made the decision for me.

If I went back to my old way of eating I know I'd just gain it all back again (as I have many times before).

The first few weeks are the hardest so don't give up. Think of the future and remember my favorite saying "Nothing tastes as good as thin feels". You can do it!

:D Kiks

Florrie F
Fri, Mar-18-05, 15:23
Hey unhappy - make sure you keep coming to the board - best source of encouragement I've found. These are people that believe in low carb and will support you all the way. Don't worry about calories at the moment - read the book and make sure you have lots of legal snacks available. I spent my first week eating almost non stop and still lost 5 pounds whilst my body adjusted. Remember - deprivation is no longer necessary - just choosing the right foods.

I wish you luck and post back - let us know how you are feeling. Remember that small victories are so important. When I lost 6 pounds I went and lined up the equivalent in butter and looked at it in the supermarket - it looks impressive like that - give it a try! :wave:

bl8r
Fri, Mar-18-05, 15:24
:cheer:You can do this!:cheer: We all have our days where we feel defeated and like losing our excess weight is impossible, I sure as heck have! But I'm glad you're here. Being here helps me because I see that I'm not alone in how i feel, and it's ok to vent on a down day. People are really supportive when you ask for help, and kind words go a long way in helping you feel better. :there: You also get to celebrate when it's an up day, :dazzle: so take advantage of those......before you know it, you'll have more up days than down, and that's what we all want, right?

FabByFifty
Fri, Mar-18-05, 15:28
Hi and sorry to hear you are so unhappy. First thing we have to do is once you get into the program that you like is get rid of that name. I would be unhappy if I had to look at that everytime I come to my screenname here. :) What are you doing now? Are you following Atkins, South Beach, ect.? I believe that you just may need a support group, and buddies outside of your family. It great they support you, that is were support in anything starts (at home!). But sometimes that is not enough. So, you have come to the right place. There is a wonderful support system here, and many of these people have been here doing this for years! Myself, I am a newer member but I love to help people and I get great satifaction out of it! I think everyone here does, they are great people!
We can all get you past that 60 pd. mark and where you want to be! Just stick with us!

Look around, and ask questions. Start a journal here, and join a challenge, read the different threads (they are great and have some great information). Don't be unhappy, and don't give up! I can tell you want this and it would be a blessing for your health and you children. They need you around and happy, and healthy so explore the forum and we will get you there, just ask and everybody here is very helpful!
Good Luck to You! :)
Brenda

Bat Spit
Fri, Mar-18-05, 15:30
Welcome Unhappy!

I'm glad you found this place. This is the most supportive group I've ever found on the web.

You and I have a lot in common. We're about the same age, married to great men, long history of dieting and then going off and gaining it all back, plust some.

I've lost about 20 lbs since I got serious about Atkins in January. It's been nearly exactly 2 months, and honestly I haven't been to the scale (I have to use one at the medical center until I drop below 400) in 2 weeks so there is probably more.

I'm sure, like every other 'diet' if I go off Atkins, I'd likely gain weight back, but I am very confident that I can use this plan for life. Why? Because I NEVER have to be hungry and because I am no longer a slave to food.

Sometimes I miss things I no longer eat, but not nearly so much as I look forward to never, ever again having to worry about where I can and can't sit in a restaurant or an airplane.

Please, please give low carbing an honest try. Weight loss surgery is bad, bad news and can have horrible long term affects. See if you can get your wonderful family to join you in this change.

You CAN do this, and it WILL be worth it, if you just give it a good shot.

drina39
Fri, Mar-18-05, 16:01
Oh you CAN do this !!! Take it one little step at a time...dont think about ALL the weight you have to lose, just think of one pound at a time. It took time to put that weight on, it will take time to get it off.

I realize, that my weight is not near yours....but take comfort in this...my mom weighed 402 pounds five years ago ( age 70) and managed to lose 220 pounds in three years with lc . It wasnt fast....and it wasnt easy...BUT IT CAN BE DONE :)

Think positive :agree: Everyone will support you here :cool:

bluesfan88
Fri, Mar-18-05, 18:59
hi hun , sorry to hear you are so unhappy. we will support you and encourage you, so give us a try . you are doing great so far keep up the great work:)

FabByFifty
Sat, Mar-19-05, 07:21
Hi again Unhappy! and Good Morning! I just wanted to suggest the you look in the thread called TRIPLE DIGITS CLUB. There is alot of support for people there also, and you can read the success stories which I found to be very inspiring and modivating for any one losing weight, and any level.
Good Luck to you and Have a Great Day!
Brenda

Sweetcake
Sat, Mar-19-05, 07:56
Welcome to the forum! You CAN do it!!

Pollyanna
Sat, Mar-19-05, 08:06
Instead of calling you unhappy, i think I will call you, " Soon to be Happy'" because if you stick with us and choose your low carb plan, you will soon see the difference in your weight and your outlook on life. Life IS good! So with your family behind you and this whole bunch of wonderful people, what have you got to lose but weight? Welcome, "Soon to be Happy."

Cara73
Sat, Mar-19-05, 11:35
Hello and welcome to the forum :wave:

We've all been where you're at, so don't feel alone. And just keep at it, and keep coming here. YOU CAN DO THIS!!!

I'm sure you'll find this site very informative. And the support you'll get here can't be beat!!!

Best of luck to you :)