PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Texas!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

texannie
Thu, Mar-17-05, 12:13
Hi, I am Annie, I am 46 years old SAHM to a b (15) and g (11). I was always a skinny minnie (5', 100 lbs) but a smoker. I quit smoking 5 years ago and the weight has just seemed to pile on. I had a hysterectomy 2 years ago and just in dec got diagnosed with hypothyroidism. I am now at an all time high of 149! (I was 135 at Christmas!!!! and 127 a year ago!!) I am just miserable. I have been doing lowcarb/right carb since I quit smoking...bout ready to give up! I never used to watch what I ate and ate pretty much what I wanted (but not alot, only when hungry) I try to do 30-40 minutes on the treadmill every day. To say I am frustrated is an understatement! Any words from hypos out there who have lost weight would be greatly appreciated!
I am interested in the Fat Flush diet, but have some questions.Flax is an iffy food for hypos, psyllium can conflict with thyroid meds and grapefruit conflicts with estrogen......can you do the diet without these? Natural cranberry juice and water is one of my favorite drinks already.
If I am understanding the boot camp right these are pretty integral to the success of the plan.

drina39
Thu, Mar-17-05, 18:01
You can do this !! I have 2 kids....10 and 12....spent all of my life at 120, had a hysterectomy, and ended up at an all time high of 170...back in October. Yuck...felt HORRIBLE.
Have faith, exercise, follow the lc rules...and you will do this !

I quit smoking in January..and upped my exercising A LOT..and I am still losing. If I can do it...anyone can ! Start a journal so everyone can help you :agree:

texannie
Thu, Mar-17-05, 18:30
Thanks so much for your words of encouragement! I really felt like I could lose with diet and exercise until this hypothyroid came along, now I am so defeated and confused..there is so much contradictory info out there for hypos.
What are the journals?

tinaninea
Fri, Mar-18-05, 08:12
Hi Annie! I am also a Texan, but living in new Orleans against my will. :lol: Look for the Bootcam/Journals thread on the main page and just start a new thread- call your journal anything you want. I'm sure you will get many visitors. Welcome to the LC WOL!

Sweetcake
Sat, Mar-19-05, 11:14
Welcome to the forum... you can read about and start your own journal here by following the info in this link..

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=187389

Cara73
Sat, Mar-19-05, 11:15
Hi and welcome to the forum :wave:

I think you'll find it very informative here. And the support you'll get can't be beat!!!!

Best of luck to you!! :)