PDA

View Full Version : I'm Glad to be here!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

pamie110
Thu, Mar-17-05, 09:53
:wave: Hello everyone! I am a 50 year old woman that has been fighting obesity since the age of 4. I have been as heavy as 260 pounds but I have never been able to get back into a "normal" range.
I suffer with manic depression and recently had congestive heart failure and was diagnosed with diabetes, high blood pressure and high cholesterol. Whew! It was a lot to take in at one time :lol: So here I am! My daughter is also a member of this site and is really trying to motivate me to take charge of my life.
I am interested in the medical field and graduated last year with an associate's degree in Medical Assisting and want to go to nursing school, but I am afraid to take that big of a leap, not knowing if my health will hold up. I am getting old, and have to get off disability and learn to take financial, physical and emotional care of myself...no one else will.
I have had strong issues of never being good enough, in the eyes of my parents, and my self-esteem suffers greatly. I only felt good about myself when I was in school.
What I want most is to be healthy, happy and live long enough to love my wonderful daughters and 5 grandchildren :)
I really would love to hear from anyone that can help me with my new life to come...I would love to chat!

jadefox26
Thu, Mar-17-05, 12:30
http://www.jij.nl/files/20040323181903_hello.jpt.jpg
Just wanted to say,
Welcome to the boards and good luck with your weight loss journey!

tigerstar
Thu, Mar-17-05, 14:56
Hello, and WELCOME to the forum! :wave:

A good way to keep in contact with others on the forum is to start a journal. That's the best place for new LC buddies to get your attention, and vice versa. People soon forget about the threads they've posted in, but they always go back to their journals!

Lots of luck on your low-carb journey!

joesfolks
Fri, Mar-18-05, 09:53
Please feel free to visit me in my journal. i am also 50. I started doing South Beach Diet at 346 pounds. i have now lost 54 lbs as of last week. I still have a long row to hoe but I am getting there and you will too. This diet is especially designed for people just like you. Get the book from the library and read it. You will be amazed at how easy this woe is compared to all of the others you may have tried. Induction is tough but it only lasts two weeks. I look forward to hearing from you.

Roma-girl
Fri, Mar-18-05, 10:27
Dear Pamie,

Welcome to this forum.

You're not so old, just staring your second youth! I'm 56 myself and don't have any grandkids yet, and you have five! AND you have daughters! Wow, I'm jelous!

You sure have a heavy load to carry (NO pun intended!) mentally as well as physically!

But it seems to me you have already taken charge of your life! Congratulations on becoming an MA!

Whether or not you're going to nursing school, probably will depend on your health. You have a lot on your plate already and should perhaps not overdo it!

But you are the better judge of that!

Anyway, hang in there and lots of good luck! :daizy:

JulianaLC
Fri, Mar-18-05, 10:48
http://img196.exs.cx/img196/4707/hellobarra5wf.gif

Hi pamie

Welcome onboard! :)

YouŽll find a lot of support here.

I think we have a lot in common... Still today, with 36 yrs old, I remember what my parents thought about my weight...I have been fighting with the scale for all my life. Now I know I can be skinny... and I will.
I started this WOL (way of life) in sept 2004 and I have lost 37 pds until now.

I know you can do it too and better, improving your health!

Good luck

Sweetcake
Sat, Mar-19-05, 11:05
Welcome to the forum!!

Cara73
Sat, Mar-19-05, 11:18
Hi and welcome to the forum :wave:

I think you'll find it very informative here. And the support you'll get can't be beat!!!!

Best of luck to you!! :)