PDA

View Full Version : Atkins bars&shake how are they low carb?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

laubel
Tue, Mar-15-05, 11:36
I've been replacing breakfast with a shake in the morning before working out and sometimes a bar sometimes in the afternoon if I'm on the road and didn't bring a snack. I've been real slow to loose weight and read the label on the front it says 2g but the nutritional information says 21g of carbs I don't understand and is this affecting my ketones as my color is not changing. :help:

pecan
Tue, Mar-15-05, 11:44
depends on the person, some people can eat them, others can't. the shakes tend not to be a problem, but the bars contain glycerine, a "carbohydrate" by definition, although only sometimes does it behave as one.

what else are you eating?

tie_guy
Tue, Mar-15-05, 12:43
Often the "net carbs" are different from the total carbs. Of course they subtract fiber as Atkins suggested but they also subtract sugar alchols, see: http://www.lowcarb.ca/tips/tips010.html. For some people some sugar alchols don't effect their diet, for others eating sugar alchols is just like eating ... well sugar. So yes it may effect your ketosis or if you are lucky it may not.