PDA

View Full Version : Quitter Here!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Nikara2005
Sun, Mar-13-05, 17:30
I smoked for 15 years and quit cold turkey...yes I wanted to hurt someone and I felt as though I would never make it and I did! Now I am 5 months nicotine free! I did however (just 2 days ago) had a night out with the girls and of course they all smoke! I went ahead and had a smoke and boy was it strong and made me very lightheaded. The next morning my chest hurt and I knew what it was from. I still think about and crave cigs but I am proud of myself that I could actually smoke a cig and not fall back into my old ways. Good luck to all of you who are now trying to quit....I wish you the best because I know how hard it really can be!

GinaLeanne
Sun, Mar-13-05, 17:36
Great Job!!!!!!!!!! my last cig was Feb 20th.......yey!!!!! :cool:

drina39
Sun, Mar-13-05, 17:37
Great job for both of you ! My last cig was January 8th !!!!
I feel so much better as a non smoker :agree:

BlitzedAng
Mon, Mar-14-05, 06:42
Just be careful. I myself would never poke the sleeping bear. You know what Im saying.

Angel

Nikara2005
Tue, Mar-15-05, 08:03
Just be careful. I myself would never poke the sleeping bear. You know what Im saying.

Angel

I totally understand where you are coming from Angel. I just think it makes me even more strong and more proud that I "dabbled" and came out on top not falling back into that trap. As much as I still crave it, when I actually did it again I realized that isnt really what I wanted. Some people cant "just have one" and I guess I am lucky and glad that I could :D without totally turning back ;)

BlitzedAng
Tue, Mar-15-05, 08:30
Your a much stronger woman than me Nikara, lol. Im so happy your sticking with your quit. I still ahve a "mental" rough spot in the afternoons and know myself all to well. The one other time I quit a few years ago I had that "just one: ciggy at a party. A few days later it happened again, and so on. I wish you much continued success :). Take care.

Angel

gawdess
Fri, Mar-18-05, 10:54
Just keep swimming...just keep swimming.

Squarecube
Fri, Mar-18-05, 14:26
Some people cant "just have one" and I guess I am lucky and glad that I could :D without totally turning back ;)

Don't play around with "I am lucky". I too thought I was lucky, and after 10 years of no smoking, I started to occasionally "try one" at a party. Now, I'm smoking everytime I'm at so'n so's house (who smoke) and when so'n so are at my house, and most weekends during cocktail hour and after dinner. I know I stop this one pack a week habit at any time, but, it's funny now -- I don't really want too!

Nikara2005
Sat, Mar-19-05, 11:43
Uh oh! Yes I see that you fell back and that too is okay as long as you can stop again...for good. Since that one, yes I do crave it! Yes I do want to smoke but I think about all the cons that go along with just what I "want." It is no longer an addiction, I have broke the chain with the nicotine fein so it then all becomes mental. I know I am strong enough to overcome anything (including loosing weight!) ;) and I have a ton of friends and family that smoke around me daily and I still dont just 'hit' their smoke here and there, that was a one time thing for me ;) I wish you the best hun and hope that you can overcome your habit once again.