PDA

View Full Version : Hello Everyone!!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

LadyElAnya
Sat, Mar-12-05, 08:44
Hello! My name is ElAnya and I am a 40 yr old woman, coming back to Atkins on March 21st, the Spring Equinox.
I am 225 lbs, down last year from 290, but I went off the plan for awhile and I'm starting to gain wt again, ARGH!!!
I broke my back in a bad fall 2 1/2 years ago, so I don't exercise normally like other people can. I live in New england, and it is too cold most of the time to go out walking for exercise, I usually am freezing in spite of my layers and layers of clothing, in about 15 mins. Besides you can't go anywhere there isn't slippery ice and snow!! LOL!!! That's NE!!! So, I'm considering taking up dancing to music around my house. Maybe that'll help. (and not hurt my back) I have had alot of success with the Atkins in the past and am excited to get started again!! I would like to find a "Buddy" that has 50-100 lbs. to lose AND has physical problems that hinder exercise. I think it would be helpful to me to have someone with the same perspective as me. My family is all crazy skinny (and not injured) and I am fighting this battle alone.
I want to say CONGRATULATIONS to all the successful LC people here and GOOD LUCK to all the new LC people. Happy Journeys!! El :wave:

drina39
Sat, Mar-12-05, 10:13
Welcome to the forum ! I am sure you will have no trouble finding a buddy !
That cold will be gone soon...spring is right around the corner :thup:

LadyElAnya
Sat, Mar-12-05, 14:34
Thank you for the welcome!!

JulianaLC
Sat, Mar-12-05, 21:09
Hi Elanya

http://img221.exs.cx/img221/7400/welcome52or.gif

IŽm sure youŽll find a lot of support and many buddies here.

Good luck

Hugs

herownbeat
Sat, Mar-12-05, 23:50
Hello Elayna! I would love to be your buddy. It appears as if we have similar weights as well as medical problems. I suffer from muscle and joint pains, which prevents me from doing any type of exercise on a consistent basis. And yes, my main form of exercise is dancing around the house. :agree: I look forward to hearing from you.

LadyElAnya
Sun, Mar-13-05, 08:53
Well Hello There Buddy Mine!!! :wave:

I am delighted that you wish to be my buddy, and I'm even more delighted that I can be yours!! Could you tell me a little about yourself? how Old are you? How many lbs. do you have to lose? Are you on a program now, and how long have been on it? Y'know, the basic stuff. I plan on beginning Atkins again on March 21st, The Spring Equinox. It is a time of beginnings and, I think, a perfect time to renew myvow to take off the weight. I was on a really icky medicine that allowed me to drop 60 lbs. and now that I'm off of it, (it started messing up my eyes) I am RAVENOUS!!!! I know that Atkins works really well for curbing my food cravings,as well as taking off the weight, but I am not looking forward to induction again! Eewwww!!! :D Thank The Gods it's only 2 weeks long!!
Feel free to email me, I'm looking forward to getting to know you.

Brightest Blessings, ElAnya

Sweetcake
Sun, Mar-13-05, 14:24
Welcome to the forum... May I suggest that you start a journal here for support?... It really does help... Just follow the link to start your own journal here... http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=172775

And CONGRATS on all the weight you have lost already...

herownbeat
Mon, Mar-14-05, 00:44
Hello! Let's see I'll try to give your a brief summary about me. I'm 25 years old, and soon I'll be graduating from grad school. I'm working in the tv and film production industry, which can at times cause a very crazy schedule. I started Atkins on Thursday, and so far induction really hasn't been bad. Right now my goal is to lose 74 lbs. Some may consider my goals of 150 high, but that's what I'm truly pursuing right now. When I get closer to that goal, if I feel that I need to revise it, then I will. Can't wait to hear from you.

bluesfan88
Mon, Mar-14-05, 18:26
hello and welcome to the forum . good luck!

LadyElAnya
Thu, Mar-24-05, 07:56
Hello, I want to apologize for not being here for a bit, My Fiance' had surgery and I have been Nursemaid, cook, housekeeper, dogwalker and general "Do it" girl!! It has left me besausted!!! I was supposed to start Atkins on the 21st, but I have not as yet. My guy still has another surgery to get through and we have had to set back our "give up sugar" date to April 4th. I will be back then and start for "for real". How is it going for you? Are you having any trouble??? Know that I think of you and am rooting for you as well!! I will try and check in while things are still happening. Take care!! El'Anya

86tolose
Thu, Mar-24-05, 08:10
I hope all goes well for your man...... :)

Cara73
Thu, Mar-24-05, 22:20
Hello and welcome to the forum :wave:

I'm sure you'll find this site very informative. And the support you'll get here can't be beat!!!

Best of luck to you!! :)

herownbeat
Thu, Mar-24-05, 23:20
Hello Elanya! It's good to hear from you. I hope your fiancee continues to improve from his surgeries. I know this would have been a difficult time to start induction. I'll be ready and waiting for you on the 4th. :) Until then...

bwmiller
Thu, Mar-24-05, 23:27
Welcome and good luck!!!

glorybe
Fri, Mar-25-05, 13:31
Hi

See where you are coming from. I slipped and broke arm a few years back and that was the restart of regaining weight along with stress motherhood etc.

I am at around 209 and need all the encouragement I can get too.

Talk later

LadyElAnya
Sat, Mar-26-05, 08:25
I too had a very bad accident that ended up in gaining back weight. 3 years ago I had moved to NY with my Fiance', and had, over the year prior, lost almost 100 lbs and felt great! Then one day I was working with Dreux (My Man) remodeling a friend's indoor pool room into a living space, when I tripped over a piece of wood that my friend had covering up an old filter hole, and fell backwards into the pool. I landed 1/2 on and 1/2 off a pile of stacked wood and, believe it or not, it broke my fall. I ended up with 3 broken ribs, 3 broken Transverse Processes, a seperated sacrum,and a concussion. I was in bed for 3 months and unable to do much of ANYTHING for a year. Then just as I was becoming healed enough to really get around, I got in a terrible car accident, which put me back in my recovery from my back about 6 months. I ended up gaining back 80 of the 100 lbs I had lost in the first place, and I am just now feeling "moveable" enough (most days that is) to start walking and concentrate on finally getting off the weight. My Fiance' has taken care of me for all this time (yes, he has almost recieved Sainthood, the Pope is preparing to Canonize him as we speak!! LOL!!) and I am grateful for the chance to care for HIM now and give back just a fraction of what he has given to me over the past 3 years. It has been hard for him, I know. But I must've done something right, cuz he still wants to marry me!! We are SO looking forward to pain-free days for the both of us and I know that "There's a pony in here somewhere"!! I have had to change occupations because of my injuries, and have found something that I can use my brain to do, and make a good living, better than doing hard labor, so it will all work out in the end!! I am sorry to hear of your accident, I know how hard it is. I do believe tho, that we draw these happenings into our lives in order to have the Spirit-enlarging experience of "getting through it", "overcoming it" and/or "rising above it". This is our Soul's Journey, if you will. I heard a woman say once, that she chooses to see every instance of pain in her life as an expression of love between her soul and the universe, because out of every experience comes growth and change. I love that. (I don't know if this is appropriate for me to share here, but this is what has helped me on MY journey back to health) Be well, safe journeys, and Brightest Blessings. El'Anya

herownbeat
Sat, Mar-26-05, 23:54
Wow Elanya! You've been through a lot. I know that you have the strength and determination to lose the weight and become even healthier.

Harvey
Sun, Mar-27-05, 07:51
Hi....and welcome aboard...

Just wanted to say that I wish you the best of luck on your journey to goal....I hope it is a pleasant and joyful trip

Eddie