PDA

View Full Version : HI everyone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

chloeB
Thu, Mar-10-05, 15:18
Just accidentally found this forum this evening and was delighted! I have been following the Atkins diet since November. Having had my weight going on a zig zag course for as long as I can remember, trying various different diets, including calorie counting where I was always hungry, it is the most effective diet I have found. The best thing for me is I am never hungry and food hasnt become an obsession (as they invariably do on other diets). I have found that when I have broken from low cargs on occasion (like when I have eaten out or at someones house) that the following day I have been ravenously hungry and have had to get back onto Atkins to stop this from continuing. Another plus for me is I feel better, dont feel so sluggish and tired etc

I have lost a couple of stone and want to loose another stone, but I do have a coupld of problems and questions.

I take a multivitamin, zinc, B6 and starflower oil daily. I have started to have leg cramps most nights though and wonder if this is because I am deficient in some vitamin or mineral. I also worried in case it was dangerous.

I'm also worried about eating so many eggs and red meat (although I try and stick to chicken and fish most of the time), for years we were told that eggs and red meats were bad for us, yet on Atkins they are not, so which is true.

Anyway, Hi to all you other low carbers I look forward to chatting with you

:wave:

Juli_G
Thu, Mar-10-05, 21:29
Hi thereand welcome to the forum! Leg cramps can be a symptom of potassium deficiency. Low potassium can also lead to other serious problems. Maybe you can find a multi with higher potassium or just add it to your daily supplements. Hope this helps! Good luck!

drina39
Thu, Mar-10-05, 21:30
Welcome to the forum ! Glad you found us !

chloeB
Sun, Mar-13-05, 07:23
I did hear about potassium causing this, also someone mentioned magnesium to me. I have bought magnesium and calcium suppliments but couldnt find potassium suppliements anywhere. Is it included in any food that is low carb? I expect not!

bluesfan88
Mon, Mar-14-05, 18:22
hi and welcome to the forum . good luck !