PDA

View Full Version : Omg!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

quietone
Wed, Mar-09-05, 13:32
I just found out you CAN buy l-tryptophan legally in the US now! I have already ordered some.

I think this will help with sleep and mood and who knows what else, but I am very excited!

moondanzr
Sun, Mar-13-05, 14:12
Hi Quietone!

I found it too. I want to take it also as hear it is far superior to 5-HTP.
Just a question...did your resource say it was for animals only??? Mine did and this is usually where I buy my supps for my own consumption and wondered if this is something the companies have to do to cover their butts.
And YIKES it is like $80.00 a bottle but I think it is 180 caps.
Never have taken it but I have heard enough FMS speakers and holistic medicine docs say this does help with FMS.
Nancy

Gailew
Sun, Mar-13-05, 14:46
Thanks for the info, I'll be asking my ND about it. I take 5htp now and that's expensive also. If L-tryptophan is better, I might as well switch...

quietone
Mon, Mar-14-05, 07:53
No, I got it from Bioactive nutrients and it's made by Craig Nutraceuticals.

Since 2000, it's been available to purchase. And I found out recently, that the recall had never been manadatory.

60 pills of 500mg L-T for $39.95+shipping.

I hope to get this some time this week. I am anxious.

L-tryptophan is supposed to work better supposedly because it does more than just help serotonin whereas 5HTP can only be a precursor to serotonin.

But, it's best consumed with some carbs, no protein and B-Vitamins. So, even though I don't usually drink it, I am planning on taking two at night with a multi-B complex, with some juice.

I do know that the animal kind has been available for a while and that some people do use it. That's what I had planned to do until I found it available for humans too. I don't know what the deal is exactly, but I do know that when I looked about three months ago, I found nothing for humans and had planned on ordering it from Germany. And now, it's all over the internet.