PDA

View Full Version : How's my first day look?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Empty_One
Wed, Mar-09-05, 11:24
I finally got up the curage to start the Atkin's Diet again. I had been on it about 2 years ago, but went off it when a little cheating here and there turned into my old way of eating.

I've kept a steady weight for the last 2 years though, always hovering around 260, so atleast I haven't really messed up, just basically in a holding pattern. :)

I got around to watching "Super Size Me" and that's what finally kicked me in the ass to start this again. It just sickened me to see what the food I was putting into my body was doing to me.

That is why I will be doing this diet naturally, with-out shakes, bars, or anything else. Real, Natural Food is what I will be eating.

Anyway, here is my menu for the first day back, I was wondering if anyone could offer suggestions, or tell me if I'm doing anything wrong. Besides the coffee, I know, I'm working on it.

Thanks for any help you can give.

**Edit** I went ahead and started using this site's P.L.A.N. section, and I have to say, I really like it. It's alot faster than fitday, and it shows ficer intake as a default view. Here is a link to that profile:

My P.L.A.N. profile (http://forum.lowcarber.org/myplan.php?mid=22553)

MMA_Fan
Wed, Mar-09-05, 11:36
Hi amigo,

I too had been succesful before and am starting again. Best of luck to us both!

- Conrad

Empty_One
Wed, Mar-09-05, 12:23
Hey MMA_Fan, good to see someone else starting again. Hopefully we will both accomplish our goals.

48fan
Wed, Mar-09-05, 14:26
Hi and welcome.

I just took a brief look at your food.

Why the Miracle Whip Low Fat Dressing? Those tend to have sugars, so you may want to watch that.

I also notice you have lots of veggies, which is good, but you may want to watch those amounts if your induction. I follow the DANDR rules of 3 cups of veggies for induction.

Otherwise, looks pretty good. You might want to think about a little more protein. 1 oz. of beef is not very much. I usually eat a 3-4 ounces piece of meat with supper, sometimes more.

Just my suggestions though. For snacks, which I don't do any more, I usually liked eating some cheese or a hard boiled egg. Very filling and not high on the carbs. (relative to induction levels).

Hope that helps! Good luck.

Empty_One
Wed, Mar-09-05, 14:46
Thanks for taking a look at my menu. Couple of answers for ya. :) As for the miracle whip, It's all I had for the tuna salad, and I don't plan to use it anymore, as I like Mayo better anyway. For the beef, if you look, it says 10 1oz servings. It was the most accurate way to enter a 10 oz steak.

The serving sizes for the different foods are in the first gray column, so I think I actually kept it under 3 cups veggies, as it was .25 pepper, .5 cucumber etc.

Thanks again for you imput

48fan
Thu, Mar-10-05, 08:44
Okay...makes sense now...

Keep up the good work then...you're doing well with having the well balanced meals and everything.

Juli_G
Thu, Mar-10-05, 21:58
Hi and welcome back to LC! Best of luck to you!