PDA

View Full Version : Howdy from Texas... Its do or die

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

MMA_Fan
Wed, Mar-09-05, 11:17
Hi,

I'm Conrad. 40. Married. No kids (but we are practicing ;-) ). A few years ago I was quite successful doing low carb (mostly Atkins). I even had a low carb website for awhile. However I have since gone back to eating a bunch of crap and junk to the point where I am back at 316 pounds (143 kilos)... Kilos sounds so much better.

I am at a crossroads... change or die.

Don't change = Die... Sure we all die, but by not changing, I foresee dying in the next few years from hypertension or heart disease or diabetes or complications from any of the above, while not having fun and living my life.

Change = Live... doing things I want to do, for longer, with my loved ones.

I'm not ready to die. Therefore, I choose to give myself the best chance to live.

So a quick hello and best wishes to everyone. I look forward to shrinking with all of you.

- Conrad

Empty_One
Wed, Mar-09-05, 13:11
If you ever feel that you are losing your motivation to stay Low Carb, I highly recommend watching the movie "Super Size Me". You will swear off fast food and other crap real quick.

jadefox26
Sun, Mar-13-05, 10:50
http://members.aol.com/jibaro6543/HIYA.gif

Just wanted to welcome you to the board :) You've come to the right place to start making lots of firends and a good support network.
Hope to see you around soon! Stop by my journal if you get chance and say hi :)
Emma xx

jadefox26
Sun, Mar-13-05, 10:51
PS you might want to start your own journal and that will encourage people to stop by to see how you're doing and lend you some support!
xx

Sweetcake
Sun, Mar-13-05, 14:19
Welcome to the forum... I also suggest that you start a journal here for support... It really does help... Just follow the link to start your own journal here... http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=172775

josiekat
Sun, Mar-13-05, 14:33
Hi Conrad....welcome aboard!

This forum is amazing...you've come to the right place.

Looking forward to following your success!

bluesfan88
Sun, Mar-13-05, 21:05
hi welcome to the board . good luck with low carbing . if you did it once you can do it again . welcome !

Noura80
Mon, Mar-14-05, 02:10
Welcome to the forum and good luck!!

baranzen
Mon, Mar-14-05, 03:51
Hi Conrad good luck. This is the best spot to come for advise and help. I wish you the best of luck

MMA_Fan
Mon, Mar-14-05, 10:14
Thanks! There are plenty of cool tools to use on this site.

Best of luck to everyone.

- Con