PDA

View Full Version : New Member from Germany

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Westbrazil
Tue, Mar-08-05, 03:39
Hi everyone,

I am currently in Germany and have just recently started with Low Carb. I have previously tried just about everything that is out there and I hope that LC will finally do the trick. Actually, a doctor told me to live that way as I was diagnosed with having a really strange condition - she actually told me it is quite rare; my mom and sister have it as well but with me it is quite sevier. Basically what happens is that I have quite a low blood sugar level in general (although still normal) but after I eat it actually drops!!!

I have the available books, but am not sure how the plan is called in English. I am basically working with the Glycemic Index and Glycemic load. I have restarted today.... I had a wedding after my first week and afterwards everything just went wrong.... back to eating chocolate (that is always my biggest downfall) and eating too much carbs in general. I am grateful for any tips as I have still the tendancy to go low fat... years of eating that way don't go away over night :)

Ok, more about myself... I am 27 going on 28 and single at the moment. I am the proud "mother" of an adorable dog that I found (well actually she found me) nearly 5 years ago on the road. She was in a real bad state (abused), 7 weeks old and I loved her from the first minute. It took a lot of love and patience to get her somewhat normal. My sister, whom I live with, has a cat.... and yes, the two animals grew up as "sisters".

At the moment I am trying to finish my thesis and so G'd and my mentor will, will be handing it in at the end of this month. So starting a "diet", right now may not be the best of times, but since I am always busy I might as well.

Well, wish me good luck on my first day - I am starting with a soup day. If anyone wants to I can post the recipe somewhere. The soup is very filling, literally no carbs and my family (who are always suspicious about every "diet" recipe I make) love it.

All the best

Viv

kimberlyw
Tue, Mar-08-05, 04:29
Hey there :) from another LCer in Germany :)

~K

Westbrazil
Tue, Mar-08-05, 05:04
Hi, nice to know that I am not the only German here. I am following the LOGI method (but am using the GLYX recipes too. I compared them, no real difference and they are good too). Do you know what the equivalant of these two "diet styles" are in English? Which plan are you following?

Congratulation to your lost inches (and weight of course) :thup: That is quite impressive considering that it took you a month.... I hope that my success will also be that good, but I usually loose my weight painfully slowly....

OK, stumach is slowly starting to throw a tantrump... have not eaten anything yet, but since I am starting off with a soup day, and soup isn't really my favourit first thing in the morning ;)

All the best

Viv

Roma-girl
Wed, Mar-09-05, 10:51
Hi, Viv,

Nice to 'see' you here!

I grew up practically next door: in the Netherlands! I don't live there anymore, but I understand you also don't live in your 'own' country??

I found this place a couple of days ago, and I love it!

Hope you like it to and find it helpful and encouraging!

Lots of luck!