PDA

View Full Version : Hello! Am On a Quest

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

ANGEL51
Sun, Mar-06-05, 17:04
I am a young 53 (mentally/emotionally...was not always so)...but sometimes my body feels ancient and endangered...thus I've been on a quest to feel better/younger physically as well. Was born in 1951, am a female with 1 adult child (the Light of My Life) who was dx'd at age 5 with MR/Autism at UCLA. I began using a couple Atkin's diets about 33 years ago and did lose weight on the TDTPO Diet which I went on periodically, however, my legs would ache if I didn't take a calcium supplement...and around the 4th day of the 10 day diet, my tummy felt like a chemistry lab gone haywire and much time was spent in the bathroom. I didn't care for the side-effects and stopped using that particular diet (maybe wise, maybe not based on what I've learned since), but it did work. Life, getting a drivers license at 19 and not walking much afterwards, and the people (and their food preferences/choices) who were in my homes over the years mostly got in the way of me thinking consciously enough about my own eating habits and I tended to choose "comfort foods" that were poorly unchosen/craved. I am overweight by about 52 lbs. and have begun a modified/reduced carb eating regimen. I am an essentially happy, creative person despite many experiences that might cause some to despair. An internet search led me to this door, so I'm knocking and hope you'll greet me kindly.

drina39
Sun, Mar-06-05, 17:39
Welcome ! You have come to the right place for support ! Strat a journal, so we can revel in your progress :)

LilliBeth
Sun, Mar-06-05, 22:49
Good luck to you. This is a great place for support. Stop by my journal and say hi sometime.
Beth