PDA

View Full Version : Back on the Atkins Bandwagon - again.

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Sola
Sat, Mar-05-05, 12:26
I sit in an apartment in Madison Wisconsin, 40 years of age, separated from my husband.

I came here because he and I agreed to separate for awhile. There are many reasons for this, one of them being my low-self-esteem for once again, packing on weight.

I came here, because it's closer to my family.

I came here, because I had fully intended to have a lap band done.

I came here. I've been here. And I can't seem to do anything.

I've done Atkin's before. For 18 months at one point, getting myself very close to my goal weight, before an emotional upheaval - and gaining it all back.

As a matter of fact, I've probably lost a total of 400 pounds on Atkins over the last several years, all of which, I gain back and lose, gain back and lose.

I'm still considering the lap band. But I'm doing Atkin's in the mean time, because frankly, I feel like crap.

So, Hi :)

zorra_1
Sat, Mar-05-05, 13:09
We're glad you're here. I hope you are as successful now with Atkins as you were in the past. Good Luck this week! :wave:

Citruskiss
Sat, Mar-05-05, 13:10
Well, welcome back :)

All that stuff you were mentioning about losing and gaining - well, that was in the past, and you can always tell yourself, "That was then, this is now".

You're on your way, and I bet this time you'll do really well.

Good on you for coming back :thup:

sudolori
Sat, Mar-05-05, 13:52
Welcome! You've done it before, you can do it again... this time do it just for you! Remember how much better and healtier you'll feel. It's worth it.

Pollyanna
Sun, Mar-06-05, 13:25
I am sorry you are having such a hard time. if encouragement and friendship will help, you have come to the right place... Welcome.

jun keater
Sun, Mar-06-05, 13:53
Welcome to the forum. Please don't give up hope. You did it once before, you can do it again. My sister had the lap band surgery and I have lost more weight that she has. You know it can be done..... Do you really, honestly want to eat little itty bitty meals? This forum is awesome for support, ideas & information. It's great to have you here.

drina39
Sun, Mar-06-05, 14:08
I am sorry as well, that life seems to be 'going against you ' right now...But that will change ! Youi have taken the very first step, by coming here.
You have the power to make 2005 your year :agree:

If you need support, you have found it !
Good Luck :)

rodmick
Sun, Mar-06-05, 15:24
I'm sorry you are having a rough time. You've done it before so you can do it again. I'm relosing too and know its frustrating!
I recently read Atkins For Life. I deals more with the long term. I found it very helpful! I'm also in WI.
If you start a journal you can meet lots of new people who can cheer you on and offer support!

Drake
Sun, Mar-06-05, 16:26
Hey Sola,

Welcome Aboard. You are not alone here and there are many that have travelled a similar path as your own. You can win this race if you have patience, put in the effort, and believe you can achieve your goal.

If you need any help or just want to come and feel at home, swing by my journal anytime. I have a great support of angels that are more than willing to help anyone that needs it.

Have a great journey and take one day at a time!!

LilliBeth
Sun, Mar-06-05, 16:38
Hey Sola,

I just wanted to stop by and wish you luck. As everyone else is telling you - you can do it and it will be great to do it for yourself and so you can feel good.

I empathize with you and the low self esteem. I've been there, as I'm sure so many others here have as well. This is a great place for support and I'm so happy you found this site.

My sister also had the lap band done and has an awful time with eating. Half of the time the food won't go down and she runs to the bathroom and throws up. A nurse practitioner told her to make sure she ate alot of protein or she would age very quickly and she didn't take that advice and she is in terrible health as a result - the N.P. was right - she has aged tremendously.

I'm sure there are lots of positive stories about the lap band surgery - this is just the only one I know.

Anyway - good luck to you and stop by my journal any time you want. I've been having a hard time keeping my focus lately and I'm hoping that talking to some of the people here will help with that. Good luck and remind yourself of your good qualities and surround yourself with positive support.

Beth in Texas

Sweetcake
Sun, Mar-06-05, 16:39
You have come to the right place to start your new way of life... You can do it with all the help and support of everyone here... the first thing I suggest is to start a journal.. it will really help.... WELCOME!!!