PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

amyndothan
Thu, Mar-03-05, 08:28
I am new here :wave: ...started Atkins almost a month ago and lost 8lbs the first week. The scale hasnt budged since and I know I do good and dont cheat. I didnt measure so I dont know about the inches, but I dont feel any skinnier....kind of getting discouraged so any advise will be helpful. Glad to be here

bob2112
Thu, Mar-03-05, 08:59
Welcome to the forums.

48fan
Thu, Mar-03-05, 09:05
Welcome...

Hang in there. I didn't lose for almost 2 weeks after induction either. Some times your body needs time to recuperate and figure out what's going on. I also notice that you don't have a whole lot of weight to lose so that can slow things down too. Definitely stick with it.

If you think you might need some help with your food or something...post what you're eating. That way people can see what's going on and if anything needs to be changed.

Congrats on the 8 lbs. That's great in it of itself...8 lbs gone. Yay!!!

amyndothan
Thu, Mar-03-05, 11:40
I usually eat eggs and bacon for breakfast....some kind of meat and a salad for lunch....and meat and usually green beans for supper. I sometimes have pepperoni and string cheese in the afternoon and sugar free jello after supper. I drink Fruit2O which is flavored water with no calories and says no carbs all day long....any suggestions for change to speed up loss would be greatly appreciated!! I am going by Atkins Essentials and a friend of mine says I should read the 1st book which allows nothing but meat and cheese on induction. Is this right? Should I be following that?

48fan
Thu, Mar-03-05, 12:23
I follow the New Diet Revolution. I don't believe going less than 20 grams carbs or losing vegetables is the way to go. Just my opinion though.

You didn't put portion sizes so it's hard to tell if you're calories are too high. I know...I know...Dr. Atkins says not to worry about calories. True but not true. For some people, including myself, I have to keep an eye on my caloric intake, especially since induction. If I usually stay around 1400 to 1800 (weekends) to lose. Everyone's different though. Because you're calories may be too low too.

I would also take a look at your salt intake. Once again, hard to say because you don't list portions, but bacon and pepperoni are high in salt and they can make you retain water which results in little to no weight loss.

Veggies seem good. I always like my veggies...that's where your carbs should come from. You don't say what's on your salad, but as long as you're not going overboard with the high GI veggies, I think this part looks fine.

Carbs may be an issue too. If I'm too far under 20 grams, I have a hard time losing. Others don't.

Just my $.02 worth...feel free to stop by my journal, and you should think about starting one yourself.

amyndothan
Thu, Mar-03-05, 14:01
I use egg beaters....the same as 2 eggs....usually 2 or 3 slices of bacon....nothing really on my salad except cheese if I havent eaten some at another meal. I have even gotten to where I use olive oil instead of dressing to cut those carbs...and my portions are small...I dont overeat at all. New Diet Revolution...I dont think I have read that one...I have Atkins Essentials and Atkins For Life. Do you recommend I get that book?

48fan
Thu, Mar-03-05, 14:25
I haven't read the two that you have. I bought my Dr. Atkins New Diet REvolution (DANDR) at Wal-mart and I really like it. I have it all marked up with the induction part, the allowed foods, and the menus. I'm sure you're fine with what you have though.

BTW...you sound like you're doing things just fine since you elaborated on your portions a little bit. Keep with it...the weight will come off in time. You don't have much to lose really, and you're doing great so far.

Juli_G
Fri, Mar-04-05, 00:53
Hi and welcome to the forum! Good luck in your weight loss journey!!