PDA

View Full Version : I will loose 205lbs!!!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Socrates
Wed, Oct-17-01, 21:17
I have 205lbs to loose to reach my goal of 195lbs. I would appreciate any tips or comments to guide me along the path to achivement of this goal.

Thanks,

Craig

tamarian
Wed, Oct-17-01, 21:40
Hi Craig,

Buy a smaller size pair of pants, make sure they are really smaller, as many of the big-and-tall sizes are not very accurate (I had a size 62 that was bigger than a 64). Very shortly, it will fit perfectly, and current size will be baggy. This really feels good and makes you look forward to the next size down. I kept donating my larger ones, so it's metally like a a no-return trip. :)

Wa'il

Marlaine
Wed, Oct-17-01, 22:07
Hi Craig and welcome!

I think that setting goals that you can achieve is important. It's a long journey to lose 205 pounds. Maybe make your first goal 10 pounds and start thinking now about the non-food reward that will be yours when you get there. Allow yourself to be a winner!

I think it's well worth it to start a journal here too. It will give you a place to vent and get feedback. I've only been here a couple of weeks but I feel that I've already benefitted greatly.

I'll look forward to rooting for you along the way.

Marlaine

Socrates
Thu, Oct-18-01, 19:52
Thanks guys for the help... I will try both at the same time!!

I will buy a smaller size pair of pants and make it a short term goal to be able to comfortably fit in them.

Craig

Ka3n
Fri, Oct-19-01, 21:22
Craig,
Welcome and congratulations on starting this new WOL. You'll find lots of support here, which is great. There's wonderful information on the top bar under Low Carb Tips. Also, a great carb counter to keep track of daily carbs under Low Carb Tools. I recommend that you spend time checking out this web site and posting any questions that you might have. There are many informed and caring people here for you.

BTW, Is Harry's Market and 'the big chicken' still in Marrietta/ATL?
:wave:

Socrates
Sat, Oct-20-01, 05:11
Thanks for support!!!

Yes, Harry's and the Big Chicken are still in Marietta. The Big Chicken was rennovated not too long ago, so the beak and eyes are moving again.

Craig

Socrates
Sat, Oct-20-01, 05:15
My first week on induction was great!!! :spin:

I had very little problems other than a mild headache on the second day and a little muscle cramping. By the thrid day I was feeling much better.

I was not hungry at all this week and even had to make myself eat more to keep calories up.

My clothes are fitting a little looser and I was able to take my belt up one notch. :thup:

Craig

Ka3n
Mon, Oct-22-01, 12:40
Craig,
You're off to a great start! :clap: Isn't the appetite thing amazing! This is the only WOE that I'm not starved. Is it for you too?

>>so the beak and eyes are moving again. <<
They took it down and were working on it back in 95, too. A friend of mine was moving to GA and for part of the directions, of course he was told to look for the Big Chicken...well, he drove this giant U-Haul all around looking for a Big Chicken...he thought we were all crazy because there was no Big chicken.

I miss shopping at Harry's Market! What a great store. I have a couple of large Health Food Stores the size of grocery stores here, but nothing like Harry's.

Congratulations, Craig!! Keep it up! :cheer:

RamonaK
Sat, Nov-17-01, 16:01
Hi Socrates..

Welcome to lowcarbing....

I too have alot of weight to lose... My first goal is to lose 41 pounds and then my second goal is to lose 50ish.

I am in it for the long haul.. and actually as a way of life.

I feel so much better... I eat food I love... my energy is steady.. emotionally I am stonger.. it is amazing...

I do take the supplements suggested... and I take really good quality.. like form a good heatlh food store.. an organice brand.. I think that makes all the difference in the world.. especially for the cravings... my have all but gone away.. I do have sugar free jello, love the cherry :p with Whipped Cream sweetned with Splenda...

In anycase .. welcome aboard...

Ramona

MonicaAus
Sun, Feb-26-06, 09:57
Welcome!!
You will find alot of support here...
keep talking and reading people's journals, posting questions...
read the recipe section too...lots of great stuff here
and great ppl too:)

Monica

.muse.
Sun, Feb-26-06, 10:30
Welcome, Craig. :D

definately make yourself a journal, along with your smaller pants & mini-goals. A journal will keep you on track and give you endless support.

Keep up the good work :wiggle:

.muse.

Donna I.
Sun, Feb-26-06, 10:57
Welcome Craig, this is a great forum. Everyone is friendly and there's lots of support and info. Sounds like you are off to a good start. Remember to drink as much water as possible and eat lots of fat (I know, sounds weird). You will probably have better results if you avoid "frankenfoods" and stick with real fresh foods from the grocery store. Keep reading this forum, there's so much to learn that can help. Good Luck on your journey!

MisterE
Sun, Feb-26-06, 11:20
Before we get too far welcoming CRAIG to our fold...it should be realized CRAIG was here long before most of us. I have about 3 years on these boards and CRAIG was here long before me.

Looks like CRAIG sent this message back in 2001.

So...welcome away...just know his message is from a distant past.

:-)

LiveWell
Sun, Feb-26-06, 11:22
I wonder if he made it.

epix
Tue, Feb-28-06, 20:59
hey socrates, I've lost what you want to lose (203lb so far). About the only tip I can give you is just stick with it! I generally stay close to induction levels of carbs (under 20g) and it has worked grea for me. Also water is VERY important, make it absolutely necessary in your goals to get enough water.

edit: whoops, didn't notice the date :help:

Donna I.
Tue, Feb-28-06, 23:02
How in the world did that message get bumped up?

dianna9234
Wed, Mar-01-06, 09:45
I am thinking some ppl might have the way they receive the message thread in reverse order??? there is an option to do it.. I did it when I first started on here.. it was a pain to try and figure how I did it.. and reverse it..
dianna

JandLsMom
Fri, Mar-03-06, 21:50
ut oh..i hope mine isnt in reverse order!

TarHeel
Fri, Mar-03-06, 21:54
Thanks, Mr. E, for pointing out that it's helpful to look at the date posted info, especially the year.

Kay