PDA

View Full Version : Hi--I'm a Newby! Breakfast suggestion?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

CBSoBe
Mon, Feb-28-05, 13:05
Hi,

I've been doing SoBe since the first week of January, with good success. Results have been suttle, since I was just barely above my ideal BMI when I started. I have upped my working out from 2 to 4 times a week (strictly aerobic right now--I'm a cyclist), and hope to keep it up to 3-4 times a week.
I've only lost about 6 pounds, but I do notice a change in the way my clothes are fitting. Hence, I try to stay away from the scales as much as possible.

Do any of you have any suggestions for breakfast besides eggs and turkey/Canadian bacon? TIA.

Cheryl
Louisville, KY

nikkil
Tue, Mar-01-05, 05:50
Sorry, I'm on Atkins so I don't know the South Beach plan that well.

Still, I thought I'd say "hi" to ya! Check out the South Beach area of the forum - I'm sure there are lots of ideas there :)

http://forum.lowcarber.org/gallery/data/500/18642train.gif

tigerstar
Tue, Mar-01-05, 10:14
Hello, fellow Beacher! :wave:

One suggestion is to look to "non-traditional" breakfast foods. Some people will have a chicken breast, or a spinach salad, for example.

As for me, I don't think I could eat that stuff soon after waking. Plus, I'm not exactly tired of eggs yet. Once in a while (maybe 1-2 times in a 2-week period) I'll have some steel-cut oatmeal (the kind that takes 30 minutes to cook).

I'd suggest browsing through other users' online journals to see what they're eating for breakfast.

Oh, and don't forget to browse the recipe section!

All the best on lots of low-carb success!

Allergymom
Tue, Mar-01-05, 13:53
If you get tired of eggs..I will do a peice of fat-free turkey wrapped around some string cheese or spread some laughing cow lite cheese on celery along with some sugar free jello. Best of luck and welcome to the boards

MiamiNicol
Tue, Mar-01-05, 13:56
I sometimes eat smoked salmon wrapped around a bit of string cheese. I also make some low-carb coffee smoothies. hardboiled eggs I find easier to get down after or before a workout. Good luck! I am pretty similiar in size and active as you are...the weight doesn't seem to come off as quick when you have less to lose so be patient. i have only lost a couple lbs in the last few months.

CBSoBe
Wed, Mar-02-05, 12:22
thanks for all the good alternatives. i'll try to find the steel-cut oats (i guess they're different from "old fashioned"), and the smoked salmon wraps. :yum:

CBSoBe
Wed, Mar-02-05, 12:24
MiamiNicol,

What's your recipe for the coffee smoothie? TIA.

Cheryl

jareddo10
Wed, Mar-02-05, 13:06
I agree with tigerstar about the non-traditional foods.
It really does keep a lot of variety in breakfast.
It keeps me from getting bored.
I got really tired of bacon and eggs too.
Right now I'm having leftover eggplant parmesan with light cheese and no breading.
Now I very rarely eat traditional breakfasts.