PDA

View Full Version : Another Newbie

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

TinaPf
Mon, Feb-28-05, 12:32
Hi everyone,
I started Atkins one week ago today. I am doing good, not cheating, and have lost 5 pounds so far. The hardest part for me is not having a cold beer when I get home from work in the afternoon. I have not had a single one and hope I can keep it up.

I am 37 years old and have 2 kids (4 & 7 yr old girls). I also run a small horse boarding stable (4 of my own and 5 boarders), so I do keep pretty busy when I am not at my office job.

I am finding that almost everything has sugar in it! But, I do love a good cut of meat and all kinds of cheese and all the "allowed" veggies. I am looking for support-to stick with it, and especially to say "no" to the beers!

Glad to have found you all!

Tina

bewat21
Mon, Feb-28-05, 14:16
welcome to the forum. And don't worry once you get out of induction you can have the occassional low carb beer.

bernice

Sweetcake
Mon, Feb-28-05, 17:43
Welcome to the forum!!

tigerstar
Tue, Mar-01-05, 10:07
Welcome, and congratulations on your success so far!! :)