PDA

View Full Version : Hi From Memphis TN

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

meevans3
Mon, Feb-28-05, 08:57
Hi, I'm a newbie :lol: and would like to have a buddy to help me through this difficult transition. Today is the first day and I'm scared and ready! I'm diabetic so I want to be careful and could use any support available. Love to hear success stories to keep me motivated. Thanks!!!!

bob2112
Mon, Feb-28-05, 09:20
Welcome to the forums and best wishes as you move forward.

honey41704
Mon, Feb-28-05, 14:49
Best of luck to ya :)

48fan
Mon, Feb-28-05, 15:33
Welcome to the forum...you'll do great.

TerriT
Mon, Feb-28-05, 16:17
welcome to the forum... I'm diabetic too now my sugar stayes under 100 I'm also from Tennessee... good luck

Sweetcake
Mon, Feb-28-05, 17:33
Welcome to the forum!!

meevans3
Tue, Mar-01-05, 07:31
Thanks guys!!! I made it through day 1 and ready for day 2. Carol what an awsome slide show. You go girl!!! I'm still learning my way around the forum so I would love to hear from you guys and appreciate the warm welcome wishes.

Tanyaskees
Tue, Mar-01-05, 07:37
Hi....welcome to the forum, you will love it here. I am also from Memphis, and would love to talk to you and help you through this. I am dowm 100 pounds and 3 from goal. Anyway...holler at me and we can talk.

Tanya

MissScruff
Tue, Mar-01-05, 09:07
http://madmonkeygaming.com/uploads/hello-tag01b.gif

Tanyaskees
Tue, Mar-01-05, 09:16
Hi there. Where in middle TN? I travel to Chattanooga a lot....thats where my boyfriend lives. I go thru Nashville. Great job on the wieght loss by the way....very impressive :). How long did it take you?

Tanya

MissScruff
Tue, Mar-01-05, 09:18
Hi there. Where in middle TN? I travel to Chattanooga a lot....thats where my boyfriend lives. I go thru Nashville. Great job on the wieght loss by the way....very impressive :). How long did it take you?

Tanya
I live in Mt. Pleasant which is south of Nashville! I am actually in Nashville right now waiting for my son who is taking a final exam at ITT!

Thanks for the congrats! It seems like forever on the weightloss...I began low carbing in August 2004 and have lost 39 pounds with this WOE! Prior to that I ate very little and all the wrong stuff and it was creeping back on!

Tanyaskees
Tue, Mar-01-05, 09:35
You're doing great. I started im Mey and lost 100 pounds as of Sunday. What made a huge difference for me is not eating after about 4 pm. The pounds just started falling off. I am 3 pounds from goal and than the hard work starts....keeping it off. But I will do it this time.

Tanya

MissScruff
Tue, Mar-01-05, 09:37
You're doing great. I started im Mey and lost 100 pounds as of Sunday. What made a huge difference for me is not eating after about 4 pm. The pounds just started falling off. I am 3 pounds from goal and than the hard work starts....keeping it off. But I will do it this time.

Tanya
You are doing awsome! 3 pounds to go??? I am so jealous! I had stopped eating after 7:00 and it broke my stall! If you stop at 4:00 then what time do you go to bed?

tommiec68
Tue, Mar-01-05, 09:55
I still claim Im from TN. I live in Bristol which is half in Tn and half in VA. I lived the first 30+ years on the TN side but now am on the VA side. I guess I will always be a Tenneseeean at heart. Best of luck to us all.

Tammie

Tanyaskees
Tue, Mar-01-05, 14:17
I go to bed between 10 and 11 pm.. It is not easy not to eat all that time, but it works abd it was worth it to me. Takes some major willpower thought....LOL. I do eat later when going out w/freinds, but I don't make a habit out of it. Good luck :).

Tanya

meevans3
Wed, Mar-02-05, 18:30
Thanks, I would love to chat and get some inspiration. It's so hard to keep my hands from grabbing sweets or bread. I'm diabetic so it seems I'm more addicted to carbs than I realized. What did you do to get through the first two weeks? Any tips will be greatly appreciated.

meevans3
Wed, Mar-02-05, 18:55
Well another day down and I'm still alive. For any of you newbies... read the journals I have learned so much from just playing and reading the different ones. Goal tomorrow is to find a recipe to incorporate in my plan for week 1.

Tanyaskees
Fri, Mar-11-05, 07:35
Hi meevens, just wanted to check on you and see how you are doing. Please let me know....

Tanya

meevans3
Mon, Mar-14-05, 14:23
Hi meevens, just wanted to check on you and see how you are doing. Please let me know....

Tanya

Hi Tanya, :wave:

I wish I had read my email Saturday. I had a bad weekend and ate everything in sight. I'm having a pity party and decided to eat myself to mistery. I'm paying for it today. I picked myself up and started again today... at step 1 "induction period". How did you get past the first two weeks. I'm diabetic and seem to crave the carbs. I thought I was doing good until about Thursday then I just wanted nothing but carb. Finally caved on Sat. Any Tips???? :help:

Tanyaskees
Tue, Mar-15-05, 07:33
Hi....it is not easy to get started, but once you do....it becomes a way of life. I decided that carbs were just not an option for me....thats how I got through it. I am down another pound and not really trying anymore. Just so used to it. You can do this, I know you can. Do you have an email address we can communicate through? Mine is tanyaskees~aol.com. Maybe we can chat on the phone some and I can help you that way. Good luck....Tanya