PDA

View Full Version : Fads?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

ToddOhh
Fri, Feb-25-05, 12:21
I read in the news that eating multi-grains and getting good doses of omega 3 can prevent plenty of illnesses, or at least ward them off. Does anyone have any opinions on this news? I am thinking that the omega 3 excitement might just be another fad. I am losing weight on my low carb diet, but fear that it isn’t doing wonders for my health. Should I wait it out or jump on the bandwagon and start getting my doses of multi-grain and omega 3.

jadefox26
Fri, Feb-25-05, 15:22
You can get plenty of Omega 3 oils from things like oily fish - deending on how long you have been on LC - I think you should give it a fair go before making your mind up if it's completely for you. Multi-grains are obviously not alowed on LC - but I wouldn't worry about that too much. See how you feel on LC and then make your mind up on if YOU feel better.