PDA

View Full Version : Vancouver dinner, Stepho's

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Ruth
Tue, Oct-16-01, 22:26
I'm hankering for Greek food @ Stepho's, Rachel likes the idea a lot too. Anyone interested? I'm craving fried cheese & roast lamb with a heap of greek salad. I've already decided what I'll have. That's pathetic isn't it?

Possibilities:
Oct 23 or 24 (Tues/Wed)
Oct 31 (Wed) yes, it's Halloween,
Nov 7 (Wed)

If these dates don't work, how about Thursdays? I'm busy with ESL Oct 30 & Nov 6. (Tues)

Hope to hear from all the LC folks in the Lower Mainland.

Ruthie

Karen
Tue, Oct-16-01, 22:44
LOL! It would have been pathetic if you decided to have the spanakopita, deep fried calamari and rice pilaf.

I'll get back to you on the dates. I think either the 23-24 would work for me. I'm away for 10 days after that.

Karen

tamarian
Tue, Oct-16-01, 23:15
Yes, I miss Stepho's! All date's are o.k. for me.

Wa'il

IslandGirl
Tue, Oct-16-01, 23:51
... perhaps a dumb question, but what is it with Wednesdays?!? Why not a Saturday or Sunday? Seriously, folks, I would very much like to know.

ps: isn't Karen teaching on the 24th? hmmm?

Karen
Wed, Oct-17-01, 00:21
Thanks for reminding me Judi! I'm teaching on the 22, 23 and 24th, so all those dates are out, but have fun without me! ;)

Karen

r.mines
Wed, Oct-17-01, 07:29
All dates are fine with me, too. I also don't mind a Sat. or Sun., as Judi suggests.

I want the fried cheese, lamb, and salad too! Yum!

Rachel

Ruth
Wed, Oct-17-01, 09:10
Not too sure why we like Wednesdays. I'm ok with Sat or Sun. Does this mean you'll hop on the ferry and join us? Maybe even bring some other Vancouver Island LC people?

Sat Nov 3 is not good for me, there's a wedding reception.

Ruth

Karen
Wed, Oct-17-01, 09:21
...but Sunday November 4th is good for me. I'll be back!

Judi! Rally the Islanders and gas up the Magic LC bus. ;)

Karen

Marlaine
Wed, Oct-17-01, 13:36
I'd really love to join you and get the chance to meet all of you.

Oh yeah.....and dining out would be nice too!

The only dates that work for me are the 23/24. Unfortunately, I'll be out of town for the remainer of the dates.

Marlaine

Ruth
Wed, Oct-17-01, 23:46
Ok,

I think we need a vote from those who can attend.
Either mid-week, Oct 23 or 24
Or Sunday Nov 4.

Judi, since you're the one that has to take ferries & has a longer travel time, perhaps you could line up a weekend dinner or lunch that fits with your schedule? ...like you did in June....and fill up the Magic LC bus as Karen suggested. I'd love to see you again. After all, I gotta love someone who catches me snorting in mid-laugh and makes me laugh some more. So when are you crossing the big pond next????

Ruthie :wave: :roll: :wave:

Karen
Thu, Oct-18-01, 00:07
November 4!

Karen

Marlaine
Thu, Oct-18-01, 00:11
I just realized that I'm scheduled to work both evenings of the 23/24th. Guess I'm going to have to pass on this dinner. Hopefully next time will work for me!

r.mines
Thu, Oct-18-01, 07:22
Nov. 4 is fine with me. I've penciled it in!

Rachel

duchesse
Thu, Oct-18-01, 09:52
November 4th works for me! I am looking forward to meet you guys :)

IslandGirl
Thu, Oct-18-01, 16:14
What a great idea! I'm going to see if I can lever anybody else to join me and we'll make a run for it and share the transport... my two-seater won't do so let's see what I can dig up! :daze:

An early dinner (winter ferry schedule is the PITS) or a late and leisurely lunch with (wishful thinking here) room for maybe a bit of sightseeing or whatever?

If it's *not* a run-for-the-border weekend (on behalf of the co-op), this would be delightful.

Liz
Thu, Oct-18-01, 19:39
Sunday Nov. 4 is good for me too. Looking forward to it.

Ruth
Thu, Oct-18-01, 21:14
I just checked with Stepho's, business hrs are 11:30 am to 11:30 pm every day. A lunch sounds like a great idea. Judy, we'll let you set the time because of ferries etc. (Notice how I assumed you'll be here??) A few days before I'll check for last minute changes & make reservations.

Stepho's 604-683-2555
1124 Davie St
Time ?? TBD
Sun Nov 3.

BTW I had lunch with a friend today at a greek restaurant 5 blocks from my home. Couldn't wait! *LOL* I had my fave: roast lamb & greek salad for $5.95, my friend had grilled chicken caesar salad, huge serving, yummy moist chicken for $6.95. One of the best lunch deals in town!

Ruthie

Sarlye
Fri, Oct-19-01, 16:43
Just want to clarify the date. Is it Nov 3 or 4th. I think the Sunday is the 4th.

I have a candle party that day at 2pm so if the lunch is earlier, I can make it. Otherwise, I will have to pass. You are all invited to the candle party.

Karen
Fri, Oct-19-01, 17:14
Lunch is not good for me, but an early dinner - around 5:00 - would be great.

What is a candle party Sarlye?

Karen

Ruth
Fri, Oct-19-01, 20:06
Timing: I'm waiting to see if Judy is able to come for this "event" because I'd like to accommodate her travel needs (ferry schedule) first. That's only fair, IMHO.

Stepho's rules on reservations:
Min 5, Max 7 for evening reservations. Complete party must be present b4 being seated. Lunch: they will take reservations for larger groups.

So, if we are going to be more than 7, I'd like to do lunch, maybe 1ish. Evenings, as many of us know, the queue waiting for a table goes out the door & down the block. Reservations are preferable if we meet the above criteria (:doah: )

Second thoughts: 5pm might be early enough to avoid the line-up out the door.

It's hard to find a time that works for everyone, but we'll try.

Ruth :daze:

Sarlye
Fri, Oct-19-01, 20:37
K:

A Candle Party is like a 'Tupperware' Party. My friend 'Dye' is having it at her place at 2pm on Nov 4.

If you love candles and holders and knick knacks and such. This is the party to go to. I usually buy enough to start my own bon fire. DH calls me a pyromaniac. The quality of the candles is quite good and it burns straight to the end without any waste.

I usually do most of my Xmas shopping at these parties. There are lots of sales stuff.

Depending on our 'eating' plan, you are all invited to come. PM me for the address.

IslandGirl
Mon, Oct-22-01, 20:57
... cuz I want to quiz Karen on the not/Stuff!

I might even be there earlier and just lurk about at the nearest espresso dispenser.

I'm thinking of taking the dreaded bus and avoiding parking hassles, as well as reducing expense *BUT* it rather depends on me leaning on someone to get me to the bus depot, probably 7:30 - 7:45 (though I will check) to catch the last ferry at 9. Is this a do-able request? I'm still looking into a shared ride over but need a backup plan (we Islanders are shy, it seems).

:wave:

Ruth
Mon, Oct-22-01, 21:03
I can give you a ride, no problemo. Maybe 4:30 would be a better time, then we'll have 3 hrs to chat & get caught up. After all, we are a great group of gabbers.

:DRuth

Liz
Mon, Oct-22-01, 21:37
I've been told by some default mechanism that I have to fill in the message field, so this is it.

Ruth
Wed, Oct-31-01, 00:12
Okay,

Stepho's
Sunday, Nov 4, 4:30 pm

So far, my list shows: Judi, Duchesse, Liz, Wa'il, Rachel, Karen, moi; Sarlye, what about you & DH? Have I missed anyone? Any cancellations?

Punctuality is important, 'coz they won't seat us until the complete party is present. :) Reminder: If we are more than 7, we won't be able to make reservations.

Ruth

r.mines
Wed, Oct-31-01, 08:44
I'm still on, Ruth. Looking forward to catching up. Haven't had time to be on the board much lately.

Rachel

Skinny2
Wed, Oct-31-01, 19:43
I might be able to make it on Sunday the 4th, just have to wait to see if I have to work or not. But will plan on attending.

Can someone give me details?

Thx much...

Ruth
Wed, Oct-31-01, 23:26
Hi Skinny 2!

I sure hope you can make it on Sunday. The details are near the top of page 2 of this thread. Stepho's is a few blocks west of Burrard.

Ruth

IslandGirl
Sun, Nov-04-01, 03:10
... well, soon enough.

See y'all at Stepho's, I'll be lounging around casually by the door at 4:30 or sooner. :wave:

Sarlye
Wed, Nov-07-01, 15:01
I have been in a work induced Coma for the past few weeks so I haven't been checking the site. :mad:

Sorry to have missed you Judi (IslandGirl).:wave:

Hope it was a good one. I will try to catch a coffee or dinner with you all sometime in December??

Sarlye - back to Work Stress Coma.