PDA

View Full Version : I'm new.....hello!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

redheadgrl
Thu, Feb-24-05, 14:42
Hi there, :wave:

I'm a 29 yr old who is starting the Atkins diet...today. aagghh! I tried the Atkins diet about 5 yrs ago...and stayed on it for a whole week! :lol: Evidently, I didn't have the motivation I needed. I do now! I am getting married in November, so I've been trying on wedding dresses. Have you ever seen a fat girl in a wedding dress? I don't want to be that girl! :tears: So...I have my motivation....for now (for some reason, I never stay motivated). I really do plan on staying with the diet this time (I refuse to look like the Michelin Man!). My problem is, I had lost a lot of weight at one point(not from low carb dieting)..however, I gained it back. I think it's because of the lack of exercise. I have a hard time doing exercises...I have osteoarthritis (from too many sports in my youth). I wonder if I will be able to lose the weight I want (from 270lbs back down to 145lbs) if I am unable to exercise? Does anyone else do the diet without exercise....successfully?

This seems like a pretty great place to get motivation/advice! :thup:

ladyanji
Thu, Feb-24-05, 16:52
Stick with it!!! I don't have any secrets for success, or I would be skinny. But I know the secret to failing - it's quiting! DON'T quit!!! If you want a buddy to go along with you, I'd be more than happy to help keep you motivated, if you'll return the favor.

I'm 33, and we are really close in weight, it could be fun! Let me know...

If not, Best wishes, and Good Luck!!!!! :wave:

Allergymom
Thu, Feb-24-05, 17:44
Welcome to the Forums..Best of luck on your weightloss endeavor. Take one day at a time and DRINK YOUR WATER!!!

LilliBeth
Fri, Feb-25-05, 10:40
Hi and welcome. Yes, Allergymom is right - drink your water. Start with baby steps - like a short walk around the block. 5 minutes of exercise is better than none. Maybe after you lose a few pounds and have a few days of this WOE under your belt you'll have the energy to do alot more. I hate to exercise and haven't gotten in a good routine of it yet, but I know I have to soon.

Good luck andtake it one day at a time so you don't get discouraged.

Beth

bob2112
Fri, Feb-25-05, 12:00
Welcome to the forums.

redheadgrl
Mon, Feb-28-05, 14:09
A buddy would be great! You're right, we are really close in weight...as well as our BMI (approx 42%). I also think it would be fun! Once I get some pics of me...I'll post them.

I noticed that you have lost about 20 lbs....congratulations!! How long did it take you? Have you been working out too? Like I mentioned...I'm not. However, I did just move here (NYC) from Indianapolis, and I am walking EVERYWHERE!! I've been here for about 3 months...and I haven't noticed the walking having any effect on my weight...but, my butt is getting more firm! woohoo!! LOL Since I noticed this...I am going to start "power walking" on my way to and from work (I have to walk there anyway).

I love seltzer water (the bubbles make me think I'm drinking soda..teehee), so I'm going to try to drink more. I'm really bad with water...I tend to only drink about 2-3 glasses a day.

I can't wait to hear about your future progression into skinnyville! I hope to see you there soon! LOL

btw...is the boy with you in the pic...your son? very cute!

redheadgrl
Mon, Feb-28-05, 14:12
Thanks for the welcome! And....thanks for the water advice! I am definately not drinking enough (only 2-3 glasses per day). I'll get right on it though! :yum:

nikkil
Tue, Mar-01-05, 05:48
http://forum.lowcarber.org/gallery/data/500/18642train.gif