PDA

View Full Version : Newbie from the UK

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

tazgirl30
Wed, Feb-23-05, 15:12
Hi my name is Tracey and I am from County Durham in the UK, I started the Atkins plan 3 weeks ago and im new to this site and hoping to meet some new low carb friends and hopefully get some expert answers to the questions i have!!!!

Tazgirl30

emmason
Wed, Feb-23-05, 15:18
hi im also from the uk and been on induction for 3 weeks with little success..have u been drinking all 2 ltrs water? do you think it makes that much dif?? its the only thing i have not done properly?

jadefox26
Wed, Feb-23-05, 15:30
hiya, a not so newbie here from the UK :) I live in kent, and YES YES YES the water does make a difference!! I have been Lcing a year- and I pretty much stopped drinking the wate about 5 months ago - i was drinking like a fish before then and losing rapidly - I have been pretty much stagnant over the past 5 months (only losing 10lbs) and that's purely (I think) that I am not drinking enough water. SO get it in girls!!!!

mansoncat
Wed, Feb-23-05, 17:03
hi all ive been low carbing for 3 and a half weeks and lost 7lbs so far..less than i expected but still a loss is a loss!!i agree about the water though and have started drinking plenty over the past week so i hope to see a better weight loss:-)good luck to you though,and you will get plenty of support here!

tazgirl30
Thu, Feb-24-05, 03:19
ive been lcing now for 3 weeks and lost a total of 8lbs so a bit dissapointed even though its better off than on.......but i havent been drinking loads of fresh water!!!so ill start today doing that and see what happens....does drinking bottled carbonated water with no carbs, no sugar, no cals be drank instead of water? as Im not a big lover of water!!!!!!! :help: :)

tazgirl30
Thu, Feb-24-05, 03:56
can anyone here from the UK give some meal ideas for induction as im starting to get a little bored with what im eating but im sticking to eat nevertheless, what do u guys eat for your meals?