PDA

View Full Version : I'm new..

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

DonnaGale
Tue, Feb-22-05, 17:02
Hello everyone.. I'm new.. I started Atkins 5 1/2 weeks ago and I have lost 20 lb. I lost that pretty fast.. and am now plateauing.. I hope it will start down again soon. I walk the treadmill thirty minutes a day.. Right now I have to take it in 15 min bouts, but I at least get it in. I have a lot to lose, and I was amazed at how good I felt on this.. Previously I had lost 80 lb. on a modified fast about 10 yr. ago.. then gradually came back up. I believe I can do this.
donna

GinaLeanne
Tue, Feb-22-05, 17:12
Hello everyone.. I'm new.. I started Atkins 5 1/2 weeks ago and I have lost 20 lb. I lost that pretty fast.. and am now plateauing.. I hope it will start down again soon. I walk the treadmill thirty minutes a day.. Right now I have to take it in 15 min bouts, but I at least get it in. I have a lot to lose, and I was amazed at how good I felt on this.. Previously I had lost 80 lb. on a modified fast about 10 yr. ago.. then gradually came back up. I believe I can do this.
donna

Hello Donna,

I am proud of you!!! I just found this site a couple of days ago....
Can you tell me how you overcame not eating bread for a month, this is my hardest part....I realize it takes self control....yet I want so badly to stay on top of this. Welcome and keep up the good work, Gina :wave:

DonnaGale
Wed, Feb-23-05, 07:20
Hello Donna,

I am proud of you!!! I just found this site a couple of days ago....
Can you tell me how you overcame not eating bread for a month, this is my hardest part....I realize it takes self control....yet I want so badly to stay on top of this. Welcome and keep up the good work, Gina :wave:
Gina, I don't know, after I got into it, I felt so good that it just became natural to me, but I think I was ready for something, I have just been sick so long from my overweight. This is the first time I've ever been able also to get off caffeine and totally sugar, I couldn't believe the difference in how I felt, I think that's the main thing, and once off the caffeine and sugar, I wasn't having those cravings. That's all I can say. But I've always been a carbohydrate junky I guess, bread, potatoes, junk food, but suddenly the veggies tasted so good to me and salad. If I can just get off this plateau now, I'll feel better, I have never ventured more than five more carbs a day..and I sure don't want to go back to induction, but if I have to, I will. Also having trouble with going to the bathroom too...so..I'm hanging in there...drinking my water and walking my little walks..and lol..I am looking to lose 100 lb. Donna