PDA

View Full Version : yay, for support with this

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Taradanger
Tue, Feb-22-05, 12:17
I am trying to quit, 2 left right now and hopefully this will be my last pack. I am losing slowly but surely, excercising more, feeling great, and now I want to be rid of it. But I have such a hard time, I quit for 2 years before and then the stress just finally wore me down. But I feel like Im doing all these great things for myself, I want to do that too. My goal is too eventually be jogging so not smoking would go a long way towards helping me reach that goal. Anyway, just saying hi and Ill be checking out these forums quite frequently.

LilliBeth
Tue, Feb-22-05, 13:14
good luck on the quitting smoking. I quit June 1, 2004 after smoking for 30 years - if I can do it - anyone can do it!

BlitzedAng
Tue, Feb-22-05, 14:02
You can do it Tara.. It will take alot of willpower but you already knew that.. I wish you all the best on this wonderful decision youve made.. I myself quit May 21 2004.. Take care.

Angel

misskimbee
Tue, Feb-22-05, 14:07
That's awesome, Tara!

I quit smoking August 2004 and was SHOCKED two months later when I got on a treadmill and was able to jog for 30 minutes straight! I never jogged in my entire life. It was a great gift I gave myself! Good luck, babes!

Taradanger
Wed, Feb-23-05, 07:20
Kim, you didnt mention you had quit on your website. Which I checked out but didn't sign the guest book :p . It's a nice site, btw. And thank you all so much for the support. I can't wait to be able to be jogging. It is so nice to see that others have succedded, especially after 30 years, wow, that is really something.

misskimbee
Thu, Feb-24-05, 10:03
heh yeah, what would have been cool is if I had kept a journal through my quitting but I think if I did that, I would think about it more and the cravings would be stronger! But its' so strange now; feels like I never was a smoker, even though I smoked for 10 years!

Thanks for checking out my website by the way! It's good to know a few people visit it! And don't be shy - sign my guestbook!